How much does a Felt AR5 frame weigh?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Guyeclipse

by Guyeclipse

I have got a Felt AR5 and I'm wondering about the frame weight in comparison to the top AR0 model and I would find it out myself, but the frame has quite complex cable routing and my mechanic did such an extraordinary job and I don't want to undo that over a whim. But if there is anyone out there who has maybe built one up from a frame or done a groupset swap or something and you know the frame weight please post here!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dimitri

by Dimitri

1300+

all ar's (2,3,4,5) are the same, except ar1's are in the 1100g range.

can save some weight with the fork, being normal 1.125" (non tapered) means theres lots of light forks that will fit it but still... not a light frame.

2014 update apparently.

Guyeclipse

by Guyeclipse

Thank you. That was very helpful although I am a little amazed at how heavy it is. However in saying that, it is an aero frame and as I have come to realise, the gains made from aerodynamics makes a greater difference than 200 grams.

But as a weight weenie it would be nice for it to be a little lighter. And I'm not too keen on replacing the forks, because they look fantastic, quite stiff and also the aero benefits can be felt. Excuse the pun. :)

I think the biggest area for improvement on my bike is probably the groupset because it's currently equipped with Shimano 105 which is not incredibly light. Some SRAM force would be nice. And I think the wheels are nice and aero, roll fantastically and are nice to train on.