Cannondale 2013 Lineup

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

AGW

by AGW

The new line-up in online.

timzcat

by timzcat

Interesting a lot of the specs for the Supersix read

Cannondale Aluminum PF30 BB Cup

With x bearings such as FSA or SRAM ceramic.

Sound like they have move onto using an aluminum PF cup instead od plastic cups. Wonder if you can easily change bearings out of the aluminum cups.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

yes you can. it's the cup they were using for srm fitment, as the lip is thinner and beveled. this year, it looks like most of the high-end bikes get it. an improvement IMO.

vickan240sx

by vickan240sx

Hi,

Does anybody know whether the 2013 Cannondale Caad-2 is using the 2013 Force Racing components?

53x12

by 53x12

Did you look at Cannondale's website yet?

http://www.cannondale.com/2013/bikes/ro ... e-crankset
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

vickan240sx

by vickan240sx

53x12 wrote:Did you look at Cannondale's website yet?

http://www.cannondale.com/2013/bikes/ro ... e-crankset" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes I did, but it doesn't specify whether the components are the 2012 sram force or 2013. The 2013 sram force have the no loss shift feature.

Please use search next time, there's already a thread for 2013 Cannondale

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

I was comparing the model line ups between the US and Canada and based on what I see on the site there will be no SuperSix 5 (105) available in Canada. That would mean no "Team" livery in the SuperSix range...too bad.

What gives?

wasabi1

by wasabi1

Supersix evo non-himod red.

Crank is s951. Anyone have any idea what this is. Can't find it online.

Rings look like red. Worth upgrading to red?

ibcyclist

by ibcyclist

Someone out there . . . . The FSA K-Force stem that came with my 2013 Evo Team cracked from incorrect tightening (I think), anyhow I am receiving a replacement. How do you guys get at those bolts with your torque wrenches? I have various wrench extenders but the bulbous nature of the stem especially on the lower bolts make it ridiculous to adjust correctly. I'm not even positive that bike shops have a tool for this. A guy I know in aircraft maintenance tells me they have all sorts of weird universal extenders, what do people out there use?
Cannondale Super Six Evo HiMod '13 (US Champ), Cannondale Super Six Evo HiMod '12 (Team Ed), Pinarello Dogma 60.1 '12, BMC SL02 ' 12

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

I tighten mine with a Bontrager torque wrench.....one of the 4nm one's. not adjustable for torque.

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

ibcyclist wrote:Someone out there . . . . The FSA K-Force stem that came with my 2013 Evo Team cracked from incorrect tightening (I think), anyhow I am receiving a replacement. How do you guys get at those bolts with your torque wrenches? I have various wrench extenders but the bulbous nature of the stem especially on the lower bolts make it ridiculous to adjust correctly. I'm not even positive that bike shops have a tool for this. A guy I know in aircraft maintenance tells me they have all sorts of weird universal extenders, what do people out there use?

last time i think i used a topeak digital torque wrench with a long bit extension. it might have even been two extensions on top of each other. you can find them if you search a little. you can even find flexible extensions, although the head on this one might not clear:

btw, i had one of those stems that cracked at well under 4nm. fsa warrantied it, no problem. just sayin, it might not have been you.

mgordon

by mgordon

My SuperSix Evo Black Inc. shipped out today. I'll post some pictures soon. I plan to keep it mostly stock except for wheels, stem, bars, and post. Should be a nice complement to my BBQ Caad10 2012 Sram Red w/ hollowgrams and Ksyrium SLRs. If anyone wants the parts off my Evo let me know.

Ghost234

by Ghost234

Does anyone know if Cannondale will be shipping out "special" color frames? Like Duggens National Champ colored frame?

vickan240sx

by vickan240sx

I'm deciding between 3 bike sand would like your opinions.

1) 2012 caad 10-5
2) 2013 caad 10-2
3) 2013 caad 10-3

Honest opinions please. I like the colors of the 2013 models, but he 2012 is definitely cheaper.

Thanks for your help

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com