How long is the clamp of Canyon VCLS post?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

snotrockets

by snotrockets

I want to use the Canyon VCLS post, but I have my Arione pretty forward when using Thomson non-setback post (femur/tibia ratio, not a frame issue. The st is at a standard 73°).

I couldn't find the info on Canyon's site, but it seems as if their post has min setback of 15mm, what I couldn't find is how long the clamp is -- does someone have such a post and could measure it for me?

The reason is as there is no zero offset, I'll need to have my saddle 15mm forward in the clamp relative to the current position in the clamp, and that would put the clamp as backward as it can go on the rails, which is a bit unwanted - but that when looking at Thomson's clamp, which is longer than most (?)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Pharmstrong

by Pharmstrong

I measure the bottom seat of the clamp to be 35mm long.

snotrockets

by snotrockets

Thanks. Thomson is ~40mm, so I'll have an extra 5mm of usable rail.

mattyb95

by mattyb95

snotrockets wrote:Thanks. Thomson is ~40mm, so I'll have an extra 5mm of usable rail.

You may get 5mm more of usable rail but wont you actually be 10mm worse off and so need to know if you can move your saddle 10mm further forward now?

No Setback on Thomson and 15mm on Canyon so you are 15mm further back already then if you push the saddle as far forwards in the clamp you gain back 5 of the 15 due to the shorter clamp on the Canyon (35 Vs 40)