I currently have an Exposure Flash and an Exposure Flare, I use them to commute 2 hours every day, streets are generally lit, there is lots of traffic.
I would like to invest in a pair of new lights in addition to the two existing ones.
I'm torn between the following options:
1. 2013 Joystick with RedEye mounted on helmet
2. Buy a 2nd Flare and get one of those CREE lights from eBay which sell for around £30 delivered. Apparently they are VERY bright and use the new CREE XML T6 led.
Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CREE-XML-XM-L ... 20c5013dc9
I know there are many good front lights out there (other Exposures e.g. Strada etc, Lupine, L&M, AyUp etc) but I had to limit my choice to just a few. I don't think I want to spend more than £200 anyway.
What I value is:
1. Brightness: cars, motorbikes and pedestrians need to see me well
2. Battery: should last around 10 hours (5 days commute)
3. Waterproof: rains quite a lot in the UK
4. Price: < £200.
5. Reliability: don't want to get electrocuted.
I'm not planning to use the new light for proper night riding, this is just commute.
I'm aware of the helmet vs. handlebar debate, and I believe that a smallish light mounted on the helmet gives me an advantage over the same installed on handlebars.
I used the search function but couldn't find anything specific enough (and recent).