"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

aerozy wrote:^ Sky is just improving on their winning formula of having a great team of GC riders going at threshold up the mountains. Its scary to think of how good next years tour team could be.

Bradley Wiggins
Edvald Boasson Hagen
Mark Cavendish out <> in Sergio Henao
Bernhard Eisel out <> in Rigoberto Uran
Chris Froome
Christian Knees <> JTL
Richie Porte
Michael Rogers
Kanstantsin Siutsou

And you still got those two american kids :unbelievable:

You know what they say "Too many cooks in the kitchen"
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

I think the relevant expressions would be more like "too many prima donnas in the kitchen" or "too many wannabe chiefs, not enough willing to be indians".

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

First of all what do you know about prima donnas and second every one knows they would not be near a kitchen except maybe to eat but highly unlikely.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

nickmcg1971

by nickmcg1971

artray....whats your beef... :mrgreen:

Contador is one of my favourite rider and without doubt the number 1 GC rider....but it will be interesting to see what happens in the tour next year...i dont think he will be as dominant as some ppl think..
also i would love to know how many spanish riders have been busted at the Vuelta compared to the Tour over the last 20 yrs???

mrfish

by mrfish

Close, but I think the winning formula has to include Stannard. He is worth a 5 guys on the flat before the mountains. Also I'm not sure about JTL. I would personally see JTL doing the Giro / Vuelta in his first season before being thrown into the Tour.

Bradley Wiggins
Edvald Boasson Hagen <> JTL ?
Mark Cavendish out <> in Sergio Henao
Bernhard Eisel out <> in Rigoberto Uran
Chris Froome
Christian Knees
Richie Porte
Michael Rogers
Kanstantsin Siutsou <> Stannard

maquisard

by maquisard

I concur, the Tour of Britain and the Tour de France are a world apart in terms of the race dynamics.

Very doubtful JTL would be on the Tour team given the class and experience of other riders on the team.

nickmcg1971

by nickmcg1971

i think you will find Thomas in the Tour team....not sure about Uran & Henao as it will depend if wiggins goes the Tour as more likely do the Giro.....

it will be interesting if Sky develop Thomas in to a Classics rider or a GC rider i think he could be in 2/3 years if he wanted to be.....definitely got the engine for it

artray

by artray

[quote="nickmcg1971"]artray....whats your beef... :mrgreen: Well I would quite like to try the same stuff Contador was eating :)

Contador is one of my favourite rider and without doubt the number 1 GC rider....but it will be interesting to see what happens in the tour next year...i dont think he will be as dominant as some ppl think..
also i would love to know how many spanish riders have been busted at the Vuelta compared to the Tour over the last 20 yrs?

I reckon you could find that out on the internet . But don't google google or you will break the internet :)

KWalker

by KWalker

http://pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory ... est%20News

What prominent Vuelta rider was on a Saarto?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

pastronef

by pastronef

KWalker wrote:http://pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=10846&status=True&catname=Latest%20News" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mmm.. someone riding a Wilier? i can't think of anyone else.

or maybe some Sarto frame was used for the TT, in this case I have no idea who could the rider be

hasbeen

by hasbeen

I know Sarto has made a reputation for making custom geometry bikes look like off the shelf jobs. They have been doing it for years and there usually isnt much of a way to tell the difference. JRod's name has been thrown around a lot but...who really knows? Sarto wont talk.
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

Ghost234

by Ghost234

Although Sky is loading up on climbers - they will need some strength for the flats to navigate their team to the mountains. BMC seems to almost have the OPPOSITE problem. They are very good at reliably getting their team to the mountains safely, but they don't really have the support for Cadel/Tejay.

It will be interesting next year. From what I am hearing about the Tour, it might seem more plausible to send Wiggins to the Giro and Froome to the Tour. Although Sky dominated in the mountains this year - look at who they were up against. A weakened Cadel, Nibali (good climber but not top calibur), TVG, etc. I would love to see the Sky train against a top form Schleck, Evans, Contador, & Purito on a major mountain route.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Ghost234 wrote: I would love to see the Sky train against a top form Schleck, Evans, Contador, & Purito on a major mountain route.

Contador will be 20% stronger next year.

micky

by micky

KWalker wrote:http://pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=10846&status=True&catname=Latest%20News" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know for sure that Purito was on a custom frame made in Italy (no mention if it was Sarto or anyone else) when Katusha was sponsored by Ridley, but lately he was riding that Canyon aeroad.

Willier

by Willier

That is true. Purito, Pozzato, Paolini and Galimzyanov were on custom frames

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com