House or Apartment Rental in Mallorca

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

OJ

by OJ

This time we're starting our holiday planning well in advance. Our holiday is in the beginning of April and planning on heading to Mallorca for couple of weeks to ride and do nothing. I have been looking for houses or apartments/condos/town houses to rent online, but would like some feedback on what places are reliable and good quality to rent from or if anyone has any tips. We're looking for at least 3 bedroom, preferably 4-5 bedroom place. Don't need a private pool or too many luxuries. Washing machine, normally equipped kitchen and other family friendly features are definitely selling features.

Any help and advise is appreciated.
http://demarere.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Leviathan

by Leviathan

If you want Ive got a 9 bedroomed mansion, or a 14 bedroomed hotel, or a 25 bedroomed 5 star hotel (construction not even started yet) youre welcome to rent here!

But joking aside,
most places for rent will be placed on
www.ownersdirect.co.uk
www.holidaylettings.co.uk
www.feriwa.de
www.buscocasa.com

They are all good places to start. I can certainly sort you out with some villa for rental contacts in this (Selva, Caimari/ Moscari) area but they are all relatively luxurious, pm me if you want more info.

Many many cyclists stay In Pto Pollenca (Brits) or Can Picafort (Germans) or Pto Alcudia (both!), MaxHutzeler has a number of package holidays there orientated at cyclists, and the Apparthotel Hotel Duva in pto pollenca has many satisfied cyclists, as does Club de Polentia between Pto Pollenca and Alcudia, but frankly staying in these places in the very north of the island always involves the same last 15 kms routes back from the middle of the mountains - personally staying in Alaro, Binissalesm, Consell or Bunyola put you much more central in teh island and hence closer to some of the more fun rides in the south of the tramuntanta.

I did offer up the use of my hotels, at cost, to weightweeines for a reunion in Feb but the moderator blocked it as self promotion!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Should have added - there is some fraud from some of these sites, but basically if a renter asks for more than 20% upfront, asks for payment by western union/transfer to first national bank of swaziland you should be aware.

OJ

by OJ

Good tips, thanks.

I think I prefer south of the Island.
http://demarere.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Roobay

by Roobay

OJ wrote:Good tips, thanks.

I think I prefer south of the Island.

Having been a few times i would say that if you want mountains then the north is the best place to stay, however the south has enough roads (coastal) for you to enjoy but busier , and few Km inland and there are loads of flat roads and undisturbed riding.Plenty on places to rent in Cala Bona Cala Millor all very cheap compared to other areas.
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

BlackTiBob

by BlackTiBob

Leviathan wrote:
I did offer up the use of my hotels, at cost, to weightweeines for a reunion in Feb but the moderator blocked it as self promotion!

Oh Moderator-----PLEASE reconsider. This would be awesome!!!!!!!!
It would give me and others a great reason/push to finally make it to Mallorca!!!

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

I have a friend who coordinates cycling vacations in Mallorca. If you have a group trip planned, he can offer some really great accomodatins. PM me for contact info.

NS

by NS

Try villaplus.com we've used them the last 3 times we've been

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com