Fizik Arione set up

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

Im about to get my new Arione saddle, and I was wondering what people do for their setup, leveled, nose down, nose up, or what should I start with, level and take it from there, just need little advice, thanks

nspace

by nspace

Been fine with all 3 of mine being setup level.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mambocat

by mambocat

Ive ridden the Airone level for years, you should be fine with it level.

roadytracky

by roadytracky

How do people deal with the extra length of the Arione? I'm going from saddles that are 275mm in length to the Arione which I believe is 300mm in length. Do you put the extra length in front, in back, spread evenly fore and aft? Any other Arione tips are appreciated.

I've been riding the Arione for a month. Have mine slightly tilted up, but that's how I've always ridden saddles. I haven't tried it level. Regardless, I'm surprised how much I like this saddle.

milkbaby

by milkbaby

Don't listen to me because I hate the Arione... but it worked least bad for me slightly nose down. However, I think this is one of those cases to go with conventional wisdom and try it level before messing around. As for fore-aft placement, I'd start close to your normal nose to handlebar measurement, sit on the saddle and see if your weight balance is similar to usual, then adjust from there...

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

The Ariones extra length is all in the tail - the distance from nose to sit-point is the same as most standard mens racing saddles. So don't spread the length difference fore-aft

Most people that like them are happy with level or fractionally nose down. Pay attention to whether you get increased hip motion with the saddle - I move a lot of clients off the Arione because the rounded shoulders and wingflex give little support for the hip bones.

elviento

by elviento

nothing beats taking an allen wrench w u for a ride and try a few different positions. everyones sit bones r a bit different.
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

PSM

by PSM

In level.

Using 4 Ariones... :)

tod

by tod

Dead level. I have a standard Arione and a CX carbon-railed version. Positioning is identical, but the CX seems considerably more firm. That being said, the CX is a only couple of months old versus the standard model that is several years old.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

The nylon Arione's do sag a little but I found they're more comfortable than the carbon shell version...I ride level but position for whatever suits you, taking an allen key on rides is handy...

PSM

by PSM

Note. There is CX braided and CX carbone. The later is even more firm than the braided.

Standad Arione is far too soft for me.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

Not that it matters, but 2 degrees down.

The best set up Ive seen so far though is watching a triathlete use one turned backwards.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

roadytracky

by roadytracky

I've been on the Arione Versus for a month now. The one with the channel down the middle. Best saddle I've used. I'm addicted to it. Tilted up slightly has worked best for me. Will be replacing my other saddles with this one.