"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

artray

by artray

Ulrich used to let is weight go in the off season . He did get pretty fat at times . The day before he got ousted out of the tour with Basso he looked In the best shape of his life . A shame we did not get to see him race that year.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

He would of come in 2nd?
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

artray

by artray

Dam and blast that cad of a scoundrel Armstrong fellow .

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Armstrong was not riding it then.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

KWalker

by KWalker

Re saddles, lots of BMC riders are not using Fizik saddles, some just cover it up better than others. When I pointed this out on the BMC FB they got a bit crabby. I've noticed Gilbert, TP, and quite a few domestiques that are actually on Selle Italia's with Fizik logos
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Franklin

by Franklin

artray wrote:Ulrich used to let is weight go in the off season . He did get pretty fat at times . The day before he got ousted out of the tour with Basso he looked In the best shape of his life . A shame we did not get to see him race that year.

Considering I met him off season I take this one as folklore and part of the Psychologic warfare of LA. Most of the photographic evidence is high excertion and unflattering.

Here we have a nice example: 2005 =>

A rotund michelin man!

And yet....

Same guy, a few days earlier... MAGIC ;)

Franklin

by Franklin

Here's a nice one from Giro 2006

Or imagine the lovely comments shortly before the Giro 2006:

Yet we also know that in 2006 he wasn't overweight.... quite frankly, photographic evidence on Jan's weight is unreliable as other shots in the same race show him in much better shape. Jan's TT position simply makes him look fat.

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Diaphragmatic breathing and unflattering jerseys.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

petepeterson

by petepeterson

LOL maybe the new Italian generation is not as well prepared (by Conconi) as you were Moser....

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/moser-n ... a-champion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

petepeterson

by petepeterson

I have the same issue with my damn huge diaphragm!

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Same issue here. My rib cage is larger than normal. Usually found in mesomorphs

KWalker

by KWalker

This should settle the powermeter debate once and for all and, what a surprise, TvG reiterates what I said all along:

VN: What role do power meters play at that moment of the race? Is everyone just racing off their power meters once they’re on the big climbs, knowing that they can push a power threshold for a certain distance, and measure their tactics off that?
TvG: No, people do not race off their power meters. People know their bodies. If I am at my limit, I am breathing hard, my heart rate is through the roof, I am struggling to stay on the wheel, why would you attack? That would be the stupidest thing. You just try to stay where you are. That’s how it was. They had everyone on the ropes to the point where there was nowhere to go. You either stayed on the wheel, or you even drop off the wheel and try to limit your losses. That’s what everyone was doing. It came to a point when even Nibali, who was third, had to drop off of Sky’s pace and Wiggins and Froome just rode away.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Franklin wrote:

You had to post the gratuitous "fatty reaching for the feed bag" shot! It is probably stuffed with Ho Ho's and Zebra Cakes!

majklnajt

by majklnajt

I wonder if all of those favourites were using the weight/height formula... 0,36-0,38 kg/cm

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Franklin

by Franklin

jmilliron wrote:Diaphragmatic breathing and unflattering jerseys.

Or he's really Barbapappa... also pink :lol: