Your goals for next season.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Manage to ride as much as I did this year (50 hrs/month) with my first kid on arriving in January :shock:

Ghost234

by Ghost234

To improve my FTP by at least 10% for the 4th year in a row.

To win a stage race

To go sub 19:30 in a 15km TT (broke 20 this last year)

To upgrade to cat 2

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djconnel

by djconnel

To do more trail runs, including a 50k.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

@DJ - the OTHTC High Desert 50K Ultra is really fun, I recommend it. But it may be too far south for you. There are other good ones on the same weekend over on the Eastern side of the sierras, near LonePine, and the environment may well be worth the journey if you can make it on the other side of the ridge.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

djconnel

by djconnel

Wow -- good stuff! The Coastal Trail Runs is locally focused, however, and have more than enough 50 km races to keep me exhausted.

For example, I can get this goal out of the way early with their Steep Ravine run.

SkyeC

by SkyeC

ultyguy wrote:Manage to ride as much as I did this year (50 hrs/month) with my first kid on arriving in January :shock:

Maybe if you hire a nanny.

That's 50 hours you leave the wife alone, in addition to your job, in addition to solo-runs out for things you need at the house, etc. I'm lucky to get in one good ride a week and my kid is 6 weeks old.

Steve_W

by Steve_W

Alp d huez in sub 45min. Tourist finish Obviously.
On my 40th birthday.

robncircus

by robncircus

I would like to upgrade to CAT3. That's it.
Brewer McFadden says "Everyday should be the best day ever"

mvogt46

by mvogt46

SkyeC wrote:
ultyguy wrote:Manage to ride as much as I did this year (50 hrs/month) with my first kid on arriving in January :shock:

Maybe if you hire a nanny.

That's 50 hours you leave the wife alone, in addition to your job, in addition to solo-runs out for things you need at the house, etc. I'm lucky to get in one good ride a week and my kid is 6 weeks old.

I'll second that, I've got an 8 month old. The only way I can get in time on the bike is getting up at about 4.30am for an hour or so before my wife and little one wake up. Then it's on to nappy changing, showering, work, more nappy changing, carrying the little one around the house all night, then bed (with 2-3 wakes during the night!). If I'm luky I'll get the occasional couple of hours on the weekend to race or a long ride.

For me I want to get back to some structured training!

wojchiech

by wojchiech

I'm heavily considering putting road on the backburner and focusing on track. Too much traveling and fees with road, not to mention the safety issue of riding on open roads in large packs.

So I'm shooting to upgrade to category 2 on the track (currently a 3), & maybe even qualify for regional/state championships. I made it this far in two seasons with hardly any focused training - last season I trained 10 hours or less a week during racing season and was pretty successful on the road and track. I would imagine with more focused training my goals won't be too difficult. Plus I think track racing is more fun anyways. :beerchug:

Wonderman

by Wonderman

To enter and complete my first race