Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

steff wrote:hello Berk
congratulations once again for your great job
do you intend to make carbon clamp for new sram red shifters ?
I'm really interested in
Thanks for your answer

Hi Steff,
thanks! If I'm right you mean something like BTP makes? It would be of course possible to make it, actually it wouldn't be a problem at all...only need to get the right screws that I would mould in the clamp. I guess ALU would be too soft?

artray

by artray

Hi Jure ,shifter clamps would be a great idea . I have the BTP clamps and quite a few people ask about them and they seem to be hard to get now. Looking foward to see the new frame . :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dennis

by Dennis

Hej Jure,

Do you make these awesome saddle/seatpost combo's with a 34,9mm seatpost? This would be a great combo on my Scott Scale 29er!

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

@artray
I'll try to get the right screws and maybe make it, I'll let you know..will go to a shop on Wednesday where they have a lot of different bolts/screws and if I find something interesting I'll just try to make it..

@Dennis
Yes, I can make:
- 34.9 :thumbup:

artray

by artray

Thats great Jure . look forward to see what you can do. :beerchug:

steff

by steff

Berk wrote:
Hi Steff,
thanks! If I'm right you mean something like BTP makes? It would be of course possible to make it, actually it wouldn't be a problem at all...only need to get the right screws that I would mould in the clamp. I guess ALU would be too soft?

Yes exactly but the btp ones don't match with new red because they must be smaller ( hight) and have to receive female side
sorry for my bad english :oops:

BmanX

by BmanX

I am in on a pair of lever clamps or two pairs. YES PLEASE. Both pairs for Sram.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Steff, don't worry about your english because it's fine, I'm also sure that my english isn't perfect (slovenian isn't similar to english at all, and I also speak german and it's possible that sometimes I change a word also with german :mrgreen:)

Back to the topic - I just put the clamp on a scale...and the weight :shock:

I think that I can save around 10-15g for the pair. I already have some ALU parts that would work great for a clamp like that, but the screw is too small. I'll go and buy the M6 (now I have M5) and a clamp like that should weight around 3g, or most probably even less.

Will start with that project in the next few days, I'm really interested how this will turn out, also for myself :thumbup:

BmanX

by BmanX

If you can sort out the clamps as well then you might be able to create a similar aerobar system as these and at a lighter weight still. We should talk. I am thinking something along these lines BUT with a complete carbon top. Also to fit 31.8 bars.

BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

artray

by artray

The clamp is looking good Jure.

ahki

by ahki

Thanks Jure, mines amazing!

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

No problem & thanks to you!

Yes I'll try to make a clamp for the new Red shifters. Already constructed the mould and will start with it most probably on Wednesday, should have some resoults this weekend, I'll keep you updated..

Here just one more photo from some new carbon number holders, all with laminated thread and with only cca. 1,5g for a holder with the screw.

I really enjoy working on those details

TheCannibal

by TheCannibal

Hi Berk

Some great work particularly like your internal cable routing. Have noticed you use a garmin have you considered putting a duotap in one of your frames?

Also i've always thought of incorporating a garmin mount to the top of a carbon stem which could have a cover for when your not using the garmin. Must be a neater way of doing it than the 3T stem

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi,
it would be possible to make it, would only need to make the right moulds, and that's the problem - it can cost quite a lot. And carbon isn't always the best material to work with in some cases, if you know what I mean. Otherwise sorry for my late answer, just saw your question today!

And finally some good news - yesterday I get the material that I need to continue with my frame project. As soon as I'll have some more free time I'll continue with my frame project. Unfortuantely I waited for almost one month that I get the material and probably it could be already finished, but anyway, I'm not in rush at all but it would be nice to make some more progress as soon as possible :mrgreen:

Also the study year started and I'll have some more work...but don't worry, there is always enough time for some carbon projects ;)

Back to the Sram Red clamps - I searched for some parts that I could use for those clamps (M6 screw) but just didn't found anything with M6 (that I need), only M5 screw...But I could make it with a carbon screw (!), would be insane light, but I'm not so sure how durable it would be...I'll just try to make it and we'll see, I'll keep you updated!

jdp211

by jdp211

Have you thought about venturing into the mountain arena? Hardtail 29 couldn't be too difficult, comparatively, and definitely room for ultra lightweight.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com