Bont shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

by 2011

tell BONT you need the T-nuts with the teeth on them, because the ones in your shoes all broke loose and are rotating. They will send you the new nuts.

mxdclt

by mxdclt

I can agree with danbjpa, I just received my Bont Vaypors and they are extremely stiff and incredibly supportive, and once you do the heat molding they are really comfortable. I had to do the molding a couple of times to get the heel cup nice and snug on my foot but it is such a great feeling to slide on your shoe and have it hug your foot, highly recommend. My scale is broken right now so I couldn't get a weight on them, but they feel slightly lighter than my Mavic Zxelliums. And I got the custom neon yellow color and it matches my bike perfectly!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image(2).jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

danbjpa

by danbjpa

Thanks 2011!! I have not thought about it, was going to leave anyway, but since there is such a possibility, it costs nothing to send an email to Bont. But I confess that I have no idea how to change that. I can not even unscrew to remove the cleat.

Today I did the first test, 117 km! During the first km I felt a discomfort in the heel but my frenzy made ​​me endure to the end. When I got home, I was looking at the damage:
I hope this does not turn a 'calcanhar de maracuja'. :evil:

Despite this problem, the shoes are awesome! Very stiff and moves really well the power to the pedals, especially when pedaling standing. I had no problem with ventilation, even riding in the hot sun here in Brazil. The tightening of the buckle is efficient, fixing the foot down and back, but the velcro does no effect, the shoes are so hard that velcro can not close as it should, I can lift the toes (is it anyway?) , therefore i suspect that the shoes are a bit big for me and so I think that the heat molding does not solve (or am I mistaken?). I'm used to the Sidis (tighter in front) and so I'm lost on whether is great.

The molding in the oven can be done with cleats? With this problem of 'screw thread infinite' i can not remove it.

The part of the heel left me disappointed. I want to use Bont in the long rides. Tomorrow I will test with thick socks, if continues to hurt me, I will try to mold them and, if not solve, maybe I buy a smaller size ... or abandon.

Cheers!

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Had the Bont's dig into the back of my foot/heels too until I remembered to drop my saddle a bit due to the super low stack height. I think what was happening with me was that I was "Toe-Down" pedaling a bit to make up for the seat too high and as a result digging the shoe into my heel. Once I lowered my saddle a bit the discomfort I initially had went away almost immediately.

Worth a shot at least :thumbup:
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

danbjpa

by danbjpa

Oh, no! My bike has integrated seatpost. Cut would be heresy. hahaha
But it probably can be, saddle up.

I'll try something alternative, like making a graft more padded at the heel or whatever.

Thnxx!

Guy

by Guy

danbjpa wrote:I'll try something alternative, like making a graft more padded at the heel or whatever.

Yes, use thick socks and some tissue paper/card in the heel to push the area out. No need to bake the entire shoe - just use a heat gun or hairdryer to soften the heel area.

I had the same rubbing issue as you but the above solved it.

danbjpa

by danbjpa

Thanks Guy! I'll try this idea. Today not cycled since my heels dawned inflamed and burning.

Another doubt. I noticed that I'm having problem with Bont to 'toe overlap', the cleats are all forward. With my Sidis no had this problem, even my frame being an XS.
This can be considered 'normal', since the shoes are the most spacious in the front and have rubber protective in tip? With you it occurs, or is a great indication of the shoes are big?
By this fact and by can lift the toes on the front of the shoes is that I think the shoes are a bit big for me. I am thinking seriously about buying a 38. :?

russianbear

by russianbear

Got some Bont sub 8's coming in the mail, hope their online sizing guide is accurate :?

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

I also got a case of toe overlap going from Sidi to Bont. It rears its head doing track stands and slowly entering / exiting my garage with exaggerated steering inputs. I'm certainly not happy, but have gotten used to it and it rarely causes anything more than mild irritation.

Krackor

by Krackor

danbjpa wrote:The molding in the oven can be done with cleats? With this problem of 'screw thread infinite' i can not remove it.

I was told by my Bont dealer that the cleats should be removed. The pressure point caused by standing on the cleat during heat molding could probably damage the sole.

The part of the heel left me disappointed. I want to use Bont in the long rides. Tomorrow I will test with thick socks, if continues to hurt me, I will try to mold them and, if not solve, maybe I buy a smaller size ... or abandon.

I had this same problem with blisters when I first started using my Bonts. After the initial irritation, I took some time off from the Bonts to let the blisters heal. Once healed, I had some callousing that preventing further irritation. I would suggest letting your blisters heal for a while before you irritate them again.

russianbear

by russianbear

New shoes are here, sorry for huge picture, clicky:

http://i.imgur.com/5XEIK.jpg

Mattias Hellöre
in the industry

by Mattias Hellöre

Ordered two pairs of Vaypor XC, can´t wait and haven´t even tested them but ordered anyway to test them out.
Experimental Prototype

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

Those are some nasty blisters. I haven't had that happen and my Vaypors have been amazing. I did have to adjust my saddle lower after checking everything before riding. The fit is way better than my old shoes and I am very happy now.

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Been riding mine for a couple weeks now and really love them, no complaints at all! Not had any of the irritation or other issues since re-adjusting my saddle height to account for the extremely thin sole. Now my only thought is I wonder what the Vaypors would be like.....*own the A2's*
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

I will also add that not all socks are created equal. A quality sock like swiftwick keep my feet fresh and feeling good. I also can't play golf without them now either. My feet feel much better.