trek superfly 2013

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

michel2

by michel2

hi there,
i currently ride a 2011 trek superfly and im very happy with it,obviously when i saw the announcement of trek's 2013 line i was a lot less happy with it lol.
im curious, if anyone here has seen the bikes yet ? or rode them yet, i know my lbs is not gong to stock them but i am quite keen.i am wondering if any one here can tell me what they are like, ideally compared to the last models, i mean weight but also ride quality.
thanks mick

crohnsy

by crohnsy

The 2013 is better in every single way.. Lighter, stiffer, more compliant, geometry is more agile yet still stable at speed.

It would be a huge upgrade over your current out of date superfly...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

michel2

by michel2

What makes you say that ? I mean did we both watch the same video on utube or ??(;

SpinnerTim

by SpinnerTim

I sense hyperbole and sarcasm above... don't sweat it.

Your 2011 is fine. If you enjoyed it and thought it was peachy 2 minutes before you saw the new one, it's still peachy. There is always something new, but a good bike has enduring qualities beyond up-to-the-second specs and baubles. If it made you happy, keep enjoying it. Guaranteed, the 2013 will look old in a few months. They always do.

Unless you race competitively and the '13 is so profoundly superior that slow riders become omnipotent XC gods on it, there's really nothing to see here.

-Tim

michel2

by michel2

Sorry im perhaps not being that clear,
And perhaps i should go find a dealer that has these bikes on the floor but chances are thats a good 2000 km away

When the 2013 line got pressented there was a thread here in wich alot of people showed there skeptism about the promised weights.were a coupe of months in now and so i thought maybee some of us here have thrown a leg over them and can tell us something more then just hunches.they claim < 900 gram frame with xx group and a sid i wonder what the reall weights are does it still have a simmiliar feel like tho old one ?

Tim is right n the way that my currently is still very up to its task and that new is always peachy and that new becomes old very quickly , i do apriciate that

TheRookie

by TheRookie

Going to the cycle show at Birminghams NEC on Saturday, the Superfly is one of the test rides available I'm aiming at......
Impoverished weight weenie wanna-be!
Budget 26" HT build viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110956

michel2

by michel2

Nice one ! Keep us posted Please (;

limba

by limba

So far no one has got one. No one has actual real weights. If I see a picture of it on a scale I'll post it here.

michel2

by michel2

Thanks limbs,
I spoke to one of the guys at the lbs and he went to a dealer demo weekend and told me he was very impressed with them but he, thats what I would say to lol

2002maniac

by 2002maniac

The specs do look very impressive, but your '11 SF is no slouch either!

TheRookie

by TheRookie

Just ridden it, and registered at sellmykidney.com!

Seriously that is one lovely bike, feels really dialled in, exlosive acceleration, just that fractional 29er feel over the first 6 feet, corners fast and smooth, only issue I had was in a series of slow bends I kept arriving at the next one too fast where my 26er wouldn't as it would be slower and able to take a tight corner that fraction faster.

UK price £4,500
Impoverished weight weenie wanna-be!
Budget 26" HT build viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110956

tompho

by tompho

If finally the frame weight is 890 gr in size M, will be the lighter 29er frame. I am waiting to see it on a scale.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Fisherfreerider

by Fisherfreerider

I rode one at Trek World. Very awesome bike. Not back breaking stiff but very responsive and explosive out of corners. JHK and Heather were there riding them for the first time and had nothing but praises for them. They had a frame at the show on a scale that was a large and was right at 900gr.