Colnago Special EPQ

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

teleguy57

by teleguy57

Thanks; we'll wait and see, won't we? :)
Tinea Pedis wrote:The "apparently" part is crucial.

It did come from someone who works at one of the Australian Campag distributor, so he's not inclined to make it up.

So chances could be he was told when he was last in Italy or on the phone to them, however they are not at production level. Really don't know. Sorry.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lirek15

by lirek15

Incredible, that colour scheme + the C59 EPS mix of the tubes is perfect! My dream frame, hats off to you Calnago.
:beerchug:

michel2

by michel2

Are those nemises rims easy to get ? As in still in production ? Thanks mick

LionelB

by LionelB

michel2 wrote:Are those nemises rims easy to get ? As in still in production ? Thanks mick

yes and yes (ps it is Nemesis)

michel2

by michel2

Thank you (;

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@lirec15: thanks, yes this is a very special frame for me.

@michel2: the Nemesis rims are indeed still in production although not in the anodization you see on this bike. I believe 2009 or 2010 was the last year for this "bronze" anodization. Plus, these rims weigh ~440 grams. The ones since then are a darker gray anodization and weigh ~465 grams and have some different etchings. As for how easy they are to get, it depends on where you are I suppose. They were not easy to get where I live in North America. Probably easier to find in Europe. LionelB seems like he might be able to provide a source if you want some. Great rims and still being used in pro races like Paris Roubaix today.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

LionelB

by LionelB

They are really easy to find in Europe and many wheelbuilders offer them. They cost 60 to 70 euros.

michel2

by michel2

Awesome Ill have a look around, but I didn't want to steal this treaty soback to this this stunning bike now !!!(;

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Beautiful, beautiful build :thumbup:

manne

by manne

Absolutely stunning!

Martin

ColnagoEPQ

by ColnagoEPQ

I ordered an EPS in September of 2012 and received an EPQ in May of 2012. There was communication with the factory; and it appears that a shortage of parts for the EPS lead to the EPQ. I really like the look of the EPS more and purchased a NOS frame and had it repainted by CyclArt in Southern California.
I have attached a few pictures of the bikes.
Attachments
mrcresize - new.jpg
eps size1.jpg
newq1 - 90.jpg

jdp211

by jdp211

michel2 wrote:Are those nemises rims easy to get ? As in still in production ? Thanks mick

Competitive cyclist has them for $60/rim these days

paddyrider

by paddyrider

ColnagoEPQ wrote:I ordered an EPS in September of 2012 and received an EPQ in May of 2012. There was communication with the factory; and it appears that a shortage of parts for the EPS lead to the EPQ. I really like the look of the EPS more and purchased a NOS frame and had it repainted by CyclArt in Southern California.
I have attached a few pictures of the bikes.

Very very nice.... and very special - not too many EPQ's around is there?

ColnagoEPQ

by ColnagoEPQ

Colnago America told me that only 24 EPQ frames were imported into the United States. I will likely not see one while I am out riding.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Hey, my thread's been hijacked! :lol:

I'm loving my EPQ by the way. It's a long story, but the first one they sent me had the "new" paint scheme which I didn't want. In the end they did another one for me (the one you see at the beginning of this thread) but it was a long time coming.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com