Northwave Fahrenheit Sizing vs Bont

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

danny4xboy

by danny4xboy

Hello all,

I'm after a bit of experienced advice.

I am looking to buy a pair of Northwave Fahrenheit Road Boots for winter but am a bit unsure of the size and there are no dealers near me for which to try some shoes on.

I run Bont Vaypors in a Size 44.5 and find these a snug fit. I would like the Northwaves to be roomy even with thick winter socks on so am unsure which size would be best.

Would the 45 be enough to give me the roomy feel or should I go for 46 and wear extra socks if I have too? I really suffer with numb toes as I have Raynauds Disease so I really need some space in the toe area.

Thanks in advance

Dan
Rapid Performance Coaching
http://www.rpc-cyclecoach.co.uk
Personal one-one coaching and performance training

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

Sorry can't help with the comparison. I have tried on three different NW road shoes. I'd say in general they run true to size.
The Typhoon and Extreme in 44 were a good fit. The Evolution in 44 was too small so I'd say you need to try them on.

Chainreaction have sizes 44, 45 & 46 in stock. They provide a free post returns service.

artray

by artray

I have 2 pairs of northwave carbon shoes and I have wide feet and they fit me perfect .

danny4xboy

by danny4xboy

Thanks for the reply's guys,

I have bitten the bullet and ordered a size 45 but the guys I ordered them from said if they were to tight I could exchange them for a 46 but by the sounds of it a 45 will be fine.

Many thanks,

Dan
Rapid Performance Coaching
http://www.rpc-cyclecoach.co.uk
Personal one-one coaching and performance training

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

I have a pair of Northwave Fahrenheit size 44 and road shoes (Sidi, Nike, Addidas) in size 43.5. One pair of wool socks for the winter.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

by 11.4

The Fahrenheits are sized up one European size relative to their summer road shoes to accommodate a pair of heavier socks. However, the shoes are designed for relatively narrow feet and have rather pointed toes. I still go up a size (wear 41 in summer shoes, 42 in Fahrenheits) just for the room (and by comparison, ride a 42 in a Shimano and a 43 in a Sidi). I have narrow feet. If you have wide feet or wide toes, Fahrenheits won't fit you well.

drchull

by drchull

I will give the other side and say for me the Bonts had to be upsized by 2 (usually wear 47 needed 49s in Bont) to fit and even then they weren't exactly roomy for length but were very wide.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thisisnotaspoon

by thisisnotaspoon

I've got the MTB equeivelent (celcius?) and found they're true to the size, I can't squeeze into shimano shoes (too narrow) but fit into the northwaves fine, they're quite pointy but it seems to be extra length rather than being too narrow if that makes sense?

They do an 'artic' version which has a fleacy lining and makes them even toastier in winter for about £10 more, makes them useable with summer socks or winter socks down to silly temperatures!