Fizik Arione Tri 2 for road

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

any one using Fizik Arione Tri 2 on their road bike as a main saddle, would like to get some feedback, or if any once can tell me if they road the arione cx and Fizik Arione Tri 2 and can compare them for me. thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

yourdaguy

by yourdaguy

I have one and it is ok but I still like my Tri-1 better. Anyway, saddles are a personal preference thing and you probably won't get a lot of good information from a forum. My best advice is to buy several saddles that you might like on ebay and keep what you like and sell the rest. Then it doesn't cost much to try several.
For certain parts stiffer is more important than lighter.

reggiebaseball

by reggiebaseball

digitalnorbs wrote:any one using Fizik Arione Tri 2 on their road bike as a main saddle, would like to get some feedback, or if any once can tell me if they road the arione cx and Fizik Arione Tri 2 and can compare them for me. thanks

Did you find a tri saddle in a cool color?

They are pretty different because the tri had way more padding for people who ride intheir tri suits (ie no padded chammy)

the arione cx is pretty firm and flat on top
the regular arione is more padded and has a curved profile to the top so the centerline is highest.

Tri saddle has a blunted and more padded nose and more padding throughout.

IMO I like cx best, regular arione is do able if you lower your seatpost 5mm (the saddle itself is 1.5cm taller but 1cm is padding that smushes down.

The tri I have not liked, too much padding.

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

thank you guys, how about when you are on the rivets and you are siting on the tip of the nose of the aroine cx, is there enough padding on that model?

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

I rode the tri2 for over a year. I loved it till I realized it was just to narrow for me. the padding was perfect for me on the road. Getting on the nose was comfortable as well. I honestly didn't feel much difference in shape between the arione and the tri2 arione other than the tri2 being much more comfortable. If the 131mm fits you, I would go for it. I needed something wider so i went with the specialized romin evo pro carbon and Will NEVER look back....EVER.