New Fulcrum Quattro and Campagnolo scirocco 35 wheels

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

digiadaamore

by digiadaamore

Ok so neither of these is very light but neither am i at 100kq and a pure sprinter my wheels need to be strong and stiff, both of these are essentially the same wheel one uses G3 rear lacing the other 2:1. other than that im pretty sure they are identical, if any one gets a chance to get some ride time, actual weights etc.. for these it would be much appreciated, im a little skeptical of the published weights and of how much weight is at the rim? im worried that they may be a bit sluggish when compared to lower profile wheels, but they must be stiff with how deep they are. thanks for any help
http://www.fulcrumwheels.com/en/news/20 ... ng-quattro
http://www.campagnolo.com/jsp/en/newsde ... atid_3.jsp

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ticou

by ticou

Was lent an old Scirocco rear awhile back and it was very smooth, if you don't mind the weight.

bontie

by bontie

Tico - these are a brand new alloy "deep" rim wih a 35mm rim.

ticou

by ticou

If the old Scirocco was good....Campy don't backtrack on quality.

digiadaamore

by digiadaamore

well yes certainly not, but trust me i know all about campy and fulcrum quality! the other more WW wheels im looking at are the zonda's but these are certainly less expensive and i very much wonder if they could be much stiffer as well :noidea:

also to the other reply, yes they are brand new with the deep rim yet they dropped about 150 grams from them :noidea: makes me wonder what the weight of the actual rims are it seems impossible, atleast not without them being very rim-heavy

ticou

by ticou

I'm 10kg's more than you and Zonda's would be my next choice, they are in your weight bracket. Stella Azzuro rates 'em highly as well.

digiadaamore

by digiadaamore

still interested in weights/reviews if anyone can get them

ticou

by ticou

Just go with Campag, it's the most soulful of all-even though Fulcrum are the same company. Zonda's are around 1550g's, you can get user reviews via google, and weights are given on the parent website.

digiadaamore

by digiadaamore

oh trust me i know about campy! and yes they have the weight up as 788 and 937 and a lot of time campy over estimates their weights, im just interested to see how they weigh out in real life

ticou

by ticou

I think www.wiggle.co.uk has the most user reviews, as they are in real life. Google will give you other sites with 'em.

ticou

by ticou

Copped a feel of them in my LBS. Very solid feel, v.smooth axle rotation,front wheel not too heavy.

digiadaamore

by digiadaamore

that sounds good, i am only worried about having too much weight at the rim, but if they spun up in your hands well then it souldnt be an issue

ticou

by ticou

Your 9 kilo's under the campy weight limit, so go for 'em dude, if you don't want the Zonda's.

kac

by kac

I own (but no longer use) a set of Scirocco wheels. They have at least 5000 miles on them and I never (ever) had any (none whatsoever) problems with them. Period.

KAC

toshi

by toshi

Any clues as to what the rim weighs? Or who might make these 35mm rims for campy/fulcrum?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com