Pictures of Colnagos

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

HillRPete

by HillRPete

BxEddie wrote:wassertreter, cheers for that link. don`t like the bars(too old fashon, too mutch drop), but the stems look right. do they make them in berlin? Are they custom made? because I would like to have it the other way round: 1" steere and 31,6 bar to use the deda newton shallow. I should give them a call...

Oh check out the Tange T-5290 then. It's available for 1 1/8 steerer with 31.6 clamp. Guess you need to shim the steerer anyway if you want a 31.6 clamp, unless you get one custom made.

BxEddie

by BxEddie

majklnajt wrote:@eurperg, sorry, but I liked your CT more with campy seatpost and old Regal ;)

@BxEddie, cool to see your bike again with Deda parts! :thumbup:
However, I cant ged used to the white seatpost and golden niplles ;)

yes, I know. The white seatpost isn`t the last word in that case. But live it is less dominant.
The ambrosios, for me, are perfect the way they are.

willy, thanks.

wassertreter, I googled some pictures of the tange. nice as well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pete2528ca

by pete2528ca

Here is mine. Older C-40 with New 11 Speed Chorus and Vento Wheels.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348597550.185436.jpg

irongatsby

by irongatsby

I don't normally like colored nipples either, but I think it's okay in this case since the rest of the bike is achromatic. I really like how the exposed carbon on the upper head tube picks up the carbon pattern on the saddle. I don't mind the white seatpost either because it can be read as the extension of the seat tube, but I do agree that a black seatpost may still be better.
Image[/quote]

cerro

by cerro

BxEddie: Gorgeous bike but is it Nemesis rims? Why not Crono F20? Love the Newton Shallow bars :D

Zitter

by Zitter

classic, love it. white seatpost looks great

white tape maybe?

majklnajt

by majklnajt

@Calnago, I bought the frame new in 2009, over ebay. Will measure it again in the coming days.

@BxEddie, now I see why the golden nipples, to match that rim plate. :thumbup:

Colonia

by Colonia

majklnajt wrote:Your 57 frames are smaller?? Interesting..
Mine has 55,7 TT, 18 cm HT (headset included) and 59 ST (center of BB to top of the tube, seatpost shim included).

As I already wrote above, there are days/pics when I think it looks funny... and sometimes it looks perfect :D
As you said, if it feels good, then it is good! ;)

I just meant that my frames are smaller than your frame; I thought you had a larger size due to an old post you made. Calnago is probably right about your frame size: if it measures 59 to the top of the clamp, you have a 58cm Colnago (or custom geo, given the other measures you provided).

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Dammit! I thought I didnt look properly at the geometry chart before buying the frame.
I had a Dream HP before, in size 56 and it was 57 cm from center of BB to the top of the seat clamp.
But I am sure that my C50 has a 55,7 top tube. So it really looks like it is a custom made frame then.
Funny, I said many times "I wish the frame was just 1 cm lower" :D

Colonia

by Colonia

majklnajt wrote:Dammit! I thought I didnt look properly at the geometry chart before buying the frame.
I had a Dream HP before, in size 56 and it was 57 cm from center of BB to the top of the seat clamp.
But I am sure that my C50 has a 55,7 top tube. So it really looks like it is a custom made frame then.
Funny, I said many times "I wish the frame was just 1 cm lower" :D

Yeah. Could very well be custom then. Just for reference I also have a Colnago CT2 in 58cm; it measures 59cm to the top of the seat clamp and 58cm to the under side of the seat clamp.

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Well... mine exactly.... :shock:

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Measured the frame...

Tup tube: 556 mm
Head tube: 158 mm (between headset cups)
Seat tube: 592 mm (center of BB to top - seat clamp included); 580 mm (center of BB to underside of the seat clamp)

What is this?! A 58 frame with 57 head and top tube?!? :roll:

BxEddie

by BxEddie

cerro wrote:BxEddie: Gorgeous bike but is it Nemesis rims? Why not Crono F20? Love the Newton Shallow bars :D

yes,they are nemesis. I wanted it as a authentic springtime classic wheelset.
I use 25 mm tires with them. 8 bar airpressure. though they feel strong and compfortable.
I never had cronos. maybe next time...

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

majklnajt wrote:Measured the frame...

Tup tube: 556 mm
Head tube: 158 mm (between headset cups)
Seat tube: 592 mm (center of BB to top - seat clamp included); 580 mm (center of BB to underside of the seat clamp)

What is this?! A 58 frame with 57 head and top tube?!? :roll:

Ok, if it really is a 556mm top tube with a 158mm headtube, then it sounds like you've got essentially a 57 frame with a 58 seat tube. Not sure how this might have come about. I've seen for example, someone wanting a certain size frame with a shorter headtube to get lower perhaps, but still retaining the top tube length, but I've never heard of anyone (or understand why they would) choose a certain size frame with the only modification being to extned the seat tube by 1cm. Perhaps you'll never know the real answer to this question. But if you're happy with how it feels, then it's all good. God knows how much we all know how you'd like more seatpost showing, and I think it's become kind of entertaining actually. Your saddle to handlebar drop of 8.5cm (I think you said that's what is is) is a very reasonable number. I know I couldn't ride with any more drop than that using classic bars and still have good use of the drops.

Take one more measurement, just for kicks. Measure the wheelbase, by measuring from the center of the skewer above the rear derailleur to the center of the skewer on the front wheel, keeping the front wheel in perfect alignment with the frame. It's generally pretty easy to get a straight line right across those two points, since the ends of the skewers are small enough to get good center points. What is it?

I love this thread for the pics of colnagos... so sorry in advance for getting way off topic here, so PM me if you like.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

lone wheeler

by lone wheeler

"God knows how much we all know how you'd like more seatpost showing, and I think it's become kind of entertaining actually."

Hence the reason for my post a few pages back, thought i'd see how quickly he'd bite, wasn't long! Sorry, couldn't resist :wink:

It's a good looking bike and as long as you are happy with it then that's all that matters. Still, another inch of seat pin would of been nice... :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com