IRC Formula pro light tubeless,240g + Spada Oxygeno, 1150g

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

policedutchdog

by policedutchdog

IRC available direct at IRCtiresUSA.com. They have distribution from southern California.

Scott

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pholcus

by pholcus

After 7 months and 3500 km, I replaced the IRCs Pro light for RBCC, more suitable to wet conditions. Wheels are perfect after a trueing after 300 kms, I used them everyday, and they're really good: light, fast rolling, aero i s ok with few spokes. hubs are a piece of art, never had issues, really smooth, plus I love straight pull.

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

i tried to go to their website...
turns out it's IRCtireUSA.com. "tire" should not be plural.
thanks for the tip, police.

btw, anyone have a true width measurement of the tire? formula pro light tubeless... dang, that's a long name.

pholcus

by pholcus

Irc RBCC are almost 25 mm on Stan Alpha 340 rim, which is known to enlarge a bit tire width. (RBCC is 700x23 C)

I bet Pro Light is the same, don't want to put it on again to take size :D
Attachments
RBCC size (Medium).jpg

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Anyone find a distributor for these tires yet? IRCTireUSA.com does not list any current dealer information in the US, just links for dealers to sign up. Someone mentioned a distributor in SoCal that could source these tires, can you share the contact information?

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Apparently you can buy these tires on Amazon now, they're like $80/ea now.
I randomly got a pair from some amazon seller who sold them for $46/ea with free shipping. I was 99% sure I was getting scammed but sure enough they arrived!
A little disappointed though, they came in heavy at 258g apiece :-|

sovereign

by sovereign

pholcus wrote:Irc RBCC are almost 25 mm on Stan Alpha 340 rim, which is known to enlarge a bit tire width. (RBCC is 700x23 C)

I bet Pro Light is the same, don't want to put it on again to take size :D

After reading your post and others stating how wide the IRCs measure I picked up some 23mm RBCCs. I mounted them on DA 9000 C24 wheels and with a digital caliper they measure 23.25mm. The SA 340 rim has an internal width of 17mm (I believe) vs. 16mm for the C24. The IRC are actually the narrowest 23mm tire I have measured. Others are at least over 24mm on C24 wheels. I wanted these to be even closer to 25mm than Schwalbe. Oh well.