Broken Bones Bicycle Company... aka (FM-015)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CharlesM

by CharlesM

If it was in the 909, I will guess the Rock stuff went to hookers.
Last edited by CharlesM on Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

Geeez, This it starting to sound like a bunch of girls slandering the new girl in class. Some even seem offended that the new girl is very much different in appearance. :roll:

Granted, I think that the fact that BB tries to pretend that their open mould frames are their own design is stupid, and that the name and design of these bikes is hideous too, but at the same time a bit refreshing that not everything is so corporate-correct. There's enough of that + traditionalism and elitism in this business.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

(I'm guessing by "corporate-correct" you aren't necessarily pointing to a company's adherence to their own prescribed logo/design guidelines, but more of what is tradition in the industry).

There were plenty of BMX companies at the show that are not "corporate-correct." More than a few MTB companies that play off of the not "corporate-correct" theme). Fixie companies? Can't turn a corner without seeing yet-another-one that is not "corporate-correct"
There were a number of clothing & accessorie companies that are not "corporate-correct" (from Chrome's "Urban Yard" through that Girl van covered in sparkles that sells decorations for cruisers, but I forget their brand name).

Being not "corporate-correct" is not a new concept. It's been done before.

This was something entirely different, and not in a "hey cool they've got their own thing going on" but more like "WTF is going on?" :noidea:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Marzz

by Marzz

Being "non conforming" these days is so common that it looks like its more effort to look like you're actually NOT making an effort!
S-Works Venge

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

I agree! Please read my post again. :smartass:

The things I was trying to make a point at (in a non-native language) was:
1. The over the top behavior of some people here. Relax, dammit. If it is so bad, there's a good chance it will dissappear by itself.
2. That after having been in the business for some time and visited a lot of trade shows, I welcome new ways of approaching the business. Nothing is more boring than being at the Specialized, Trek, Giant etc. stands at the trade shows. (Again, I have not been at Interbike this year, so I have no idea what was going on)
Last edited by Mario Jr. on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gummee

by gummee

Funny thing about some of those corporate types... Anyone here remember Specialized's hearse? Try that now!

To those that aren't 'in tune' with the Chinese frame game, the BBBC stuff will be 'new and different.' To those of us doing research for our next purchase, its old hat. At least some places are pricing their stuff semi-affordably.

M

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Specialized pulled off that stunt after 14 (very successful) years of existence.

Rock Racing attempted to pull off stunts at .25 years of existence (as a bike company).
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

JoshHorowitz

by JoshHorowitz

We made more than 150 sales at Interbike, a half dozen "Best of Interbike" lists and so far have attracted more than 2,500 Facebook fans. And these are industry people, designers, engineers, bike shop owners and serious cyclists who represent the sport and it's participants a hell of a lot better than a bunch of insecure self-described weenies who would rather spend their time sitting in front of their computers cutting people down than actually riding their bikes. During the 3 minutes you spent logging on, logging a comment and reading these idiotic posts you should have been out riding. Unfortunately, even though nobody of any significance gives a s#/t what you think, your negative attitudes and snobbery still hurt the sport for everyone involved. So think whatever you want to think about yourselves but don't fool yourself into thinking that you are cyclists. A cyclist loves the sport and try to do good by it. You guys represent everything that is negative and wrong with cycling. Peace out.
http://lovingthebike.com/uncategorized/ ... rbike-2012
Attachments
Todd Gogulski, one of the people who loved the bike and the concept whose opinion actually matters.
Todd Gogulski, one of the people who loved the bike and the concept whose opinion actually matters.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

FWIW, BB were packed every time I walked by...

Mackers

by Mackers

JoshHorowitz wrote:We made more than 150 sales at Interbike, a half dozen "Best of Interbike" lists and so far have attracted more than 2,500 Facebook fans. And these are industry people, designers, engineers, bike shop owners and serious cyclists who represent the sport and it's participants a hell of a lot better than a bunch of insecure self-described weenies who would rather spend their time sitting in front of their computers cutting people down than actually riding their bikes. During the 3 minutes you spent logging on, logging a comment and reading these idiotic posts you should have been out riding. Unfortunately, even though nobody of any significance gives a s#/t what you think, your negative attitudes and snobbery still hurt the sport for everyone involved. So think whatever you want to think about yourselves but don't fool yourself into thinking that you are cyclists. A cyclist loves the sport and try to do good by it. You guys represent everything that is negative and wrong with cycling. Peace out.

As opposed to your wholesome positive self....

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Josh with the charm offensive, yeah baby. Anyhow, today is a rest day from riding for me. I need more rest days than I did in my younger days.

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

Ok, forget what I said. That rant sadly confirmed what most people had said here.... :roll:

I'm actually pretty sure I have raced and logged more miles than that Josh guy... Even after having broken my collarbone this year in a race. How ironic.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

What about posting from a smart phone while riding? Multi tasking! :smartass: :smartass: :smartass:

Mackers

by Mackers

Please guys, stop killing cycling!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com