Graham Obree Speed Record Bike

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ave

by ave

We will see soon enough!

I think this is the event, isn't it?

euan

by euan

He isn't going because he couldn't get funding. He is looking to do it in the UK but I still think he needs the funding.

I'll be surprised if he pulls it off.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Crikey, I hope the gyroscopic effect of the wheels helps out at 80mph. :shock: :shock:

And as he's not doing Battle Mountain, he'll need to find a billiard smooth, 6 miles stretch of -0.65% road in the UK to make his runs on.

Errr, good luck with that search. :lol: :lol:

(or given it's Obree, he's probably just do it one day on his run to the shops and wonder what all the fuss was about)
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Why couldn't he make his runs in a velodrome outside. At least to practice. Are there any left?
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

ave

by ave

First I thought that 100+ km/h on a veledrome is a silly idea.

But actually, the Millenaris velodrome for example in Budapest was rebuilt in 1928 for moto-pacing races, 1/4 mile long, bankings optimized for 110-120 km/h.

But his position on the bike probably isn't good for anything but going straight.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

If he can do 50 mph with minimal effort then ...

I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

You think he's passionate about what he is building LOL!!

http://vimeo.com/44814746#

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

People ask me what my biggest fear is, and it isn’t crashing this bike at 85 mph and losing skin – it is being 90 and thinking I should have done more. That is the bottom line. There is a theoretical mountain waiting for me to fly up. For me, I want to excite people and give it my best – but ultimately – doing it my way.

http://www.humansinvent.com/#!/6131/ret ... eme-obree/

swinter

by swinter

Cool. It would be great if he pulled it off (where the Delft people didn't). :thumbup:
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... 928#126928

weeshuggy

by weeshuggy

320 inch gear :shock:

Estelja

by Estelja

Another article about the Obree record "bike":
http://www.gizmag.com/graeme-obree-100m ... cle/24073/

Rush

by Rush

Here is a video report of his bicycle in our local newspaper : link