Simmons custom shoes at Interbike

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sxevegan

by sxevegan

Bike Rumor reported on these yesterday. http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/09/20/int ... ent-157111

I've owned a pair for the past 11 months. Not only are they insanely light (150g for a size 12), but the stiff upper gives the shoe an insanely efficient power transfer. Heat has never been an issue. Durability is great. 11 months of daily riding/racing and they still look brand new.

My 5 second, 15 second, 30 second, and 1 minute power were up about 6%the first day I switched from my Mavics.

The price is steep compared to other shoes, but honestly, these are nothing like other shoes. Bonts, rocket 7s, etc do not have the stiff upper, and that makes a huge difference for your sprint power.

If I had to choose between giving up my zipp firecrests or these shoes, my zipps would be gone in a heartbeat. If I had to choose between racing my caad10 with these shoes vs an S-works McLaren in "normal" shoes, I wouldn't think twice about choosing the shoes. I've ridden a lot of different bikes (storck, specialized, trek, cervelo, etc), but I've never gotten on a bike and thought "holy crap...I need this" like I did when I first put on the shoes.

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

So not a fan then?! :lol:
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

i saw simmonscyclingshoes website and the scale weight pics look comparable to rocket7 and bont shoes (300 to 400 grams for the pair).

i imagine a 150 gram shoe has nothing but carbon, no buckles, no laces.

veganeric

by veganeric

Do you ride them street by street?
Block by block?

:wink:

jrennie

by jrennie

So by just swapping my shoes I can gain 100w on my sprint? I'd be foolish not to buy several sets right now. :thumbup:

sxevegan

by sxevegan

jrennie wrote:So by just swapping my shoes I can gain 100w on my sprint? I'd be foolish not to buy several sets right now. :thumbup:

That depends...are you sprinting over 1600 watts right now?

You laugh, but I have the power files that show a 75 watt difference in my 5 second power. It went from 1339 (my previous personal best) to 1414 the day I put the shoes on. That's some placebo.

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

The effect is similar to having a custom made bike for some people.

But I was wondering about these:

Made in Holland?

O.K..... :arrow: ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

They remind me of Lust racing shoes...

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

sxevegan wrote:My 5 second, 15 second, 30 second, and 1 minute power were up about 6%the first day I switched from my Mavics.
How is your power a few hours into a ride? Do the stiff shoes come at the expense of making your feet less comfortable after a while and thereby reducing your power?

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

veganeric wrote:Do you ride them street by street?
Block by block?

:wink:

Hes taking it all back.

109er

by 109er

I have a friend who races/rides these shoes. I'm pretty sure he got the first pair or one of the first pairs of these. they are completely custom and he loves them. he's had them for a little over a year now and has never worn anything but the Simmons. he also skates (inline racing) for Simmons. Simmons is trying to make a push into the cycling world.
green jacket, gold jacket...who gives a sh*t

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

artray

by artray

Im buying a pair . I will have to sell my bike to get :doh: