Scott Foil 20 -- current weight 7.31kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

koponant

by koponant

:thumbup: Thank's for this topic Roberto. I just bought Scott Foil 15 with Ultegra DI2 about a month ago (56cm, Large size frame), and it's great ride, yet a bit too heavy to my taste. But I've found this topic useful to slim the bike down.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

roberto21

by roberto21

koponant wrote::thumbup: Thank's for this topic Roberto. I just bought Scott Foil 15 with Ultegra DI2 about a month ago (56cm, Large size frame), and it's great ride, yet a bit too heavy to my taste. But I've found this topic useful to slim the bike down.

glad i could help. i love my foil, one of the best bikes i have ever ridden. i am sure you will be just as happy with yours.
pedal damn it.

My Bikes:
Ritchey Road Logic -- 7.56 kg
Felt F4X
Felt Edict 1

roberto21

by roberto21

wrecked my bike the other day. broke my saddle, but everything else seems to be ok so far. time to find something with non carbon rails.

pedal damn it.

My Bikes:
Felt F4X
Felt Edict 1

jamesfifield

by jamesfifield

roberto21 wrote:broke my saddle

Wow! Get well soon. And if you're better already,what happened?

roberto21

by roberto21

jamesfifield wrote:Wow! Get well soon. And if you're better already,what happened?

im fine. just a little skinned up and bruised a knee. we were starting a sprint and i came unclipped, foot hit the ground and over the bars i went. not too terrible but it sucks the saddle took a hard blow and broke.
pedal damn it.

My Bikes:
Felt F4X
Felt Edict 1

jhamlin38

by jhamlin38

i test road (3 day demo)a 20 recently. The value, weight and component spec are all great. the stiffness is impressive. however, I found the ride to be a bit harsh and even skittish. I couldn't consider it smooth. Do any of you guys running tubeless or tubulars notice a significant difference in reducing the buzz? (to me, smooth is a Look 595, CDale Evo, or C50, meaning smooth WITH road feel, not dead and disconnected like madone, roubaix, synapse)
I really want to buy this bike before they sell out and change the spec for 2013, but it just seems a bit rough for me.
I currently ride a 2009 tarmac with eurus 2way fits and record, at just a smidge under 17lbs.
or, am i getting old? Perhaps the foil is a "young man's bike"
any comments are appreciated

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Foil is a racer's bike. Scott has never been known for being exceptionally compliant. Only for being light, stiff, and relatively affordable.

roberto21

by roberto21

@jhamlin, I can agree with you to a degree. I don't really think the bike is skittish, but it isn't exactly smooth. The front end is pretty harsh when you get on some nasty roads, but it has never really bothered me. Definitely more of a race bike. With my tubulars I normally run a little lower PSI which helps with the "road buzz" for sure. I am sure a set of nice bars could help absorb some of the road too, as well as a good seat, making it a great bike to be on all the time. I love it, but also like feeling everything and having a stiff racey bike.
pedal damn it.

My Bikes:
Felt F4X
Felt Edict 1

roberto21

by roberto21

got some new wheels. also got a new Garmin Edge 510 mounted with a Barfly Mount. Better pics and weight to come.

Reynolds 30mm carbon clinchers.
Vittoria tires

pedal damn it.

My Bikes:
Felt F4X
Felt Edict 1