Baum Corretto - Super Record EPS, Obermayer Gold Eds

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

TMK001

by TMK001

reggiebaseball wrote:
CarpetFibre wrote:Looks incredible. How does it ride?

Look dude, Baum's aren't for riding, they are for taking pretty pictures of,

If the first Corretto he bought rode perfect he wouldn't be replacing his already after only a year, now would he?

Where is your EPS hardware, is it inside the stem? How can you adjust or see the status lights?

Baum is lucky to have you to finance their show bikes.

Sour grapes hey? The first Corretto I bought is perfect, the second on I bought was a track bike and is perfect, the 3rd one I bought was for my dad - he loves it, the 4th one I wanted Super Record EPS and didn't want to chop up my old one for it... It's nice to piggyback off a show for them as I really appreciate the level of quality and detail Darren and the team go to and know the difficulty in funding a bike of this level in house for a show. Plus I like other people to enjoy them in person as much as I do.

EPS hardware is there... status light is viewable from the secret hidey hole - you adjust EPS via the levers, not the DPI unit.

The rest will be internal very soon. The people we were using for the internal battery came up quite a bit short on what we were hoping to achieve appearance wise, so it is currently back at the drawing board but not too far away from a solution I am told.

I pick it up next week, so I am keen to take it for a thrash that week. I'll post some pics and let you know how it goes!

The Baum threads get locked on here because all the nuff nuffs come out of the woodwork to talk about a bike that they have never laid eyes on in person let alone ridden and its disrespectful to the owner as well as Baum Cycles when most of the stuff is inaccurate or skewed to someones personal agenda.

I made my decision to ride a Baum based on the advice of a World Champion who has purchased two Baums in the last 5 years who said they are the best bikes he has ever ridden. For his there was no pictures for him from a studio photo shoot, no shiny paint job, no Lightweights, but its still his favorite bike ever...

My collection of bikes is not limited to Baum, I have some others as well. Nothing I have owned or currently own ride close to the comfort and quality of my Baums.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Montana

by Montana

WOW! :thumbup: Very well done!

TuscanySwe

by TuscanySwe

I think it looks awesome as i would guess most here do.

What other ti bikes have you ridden and how do they compare? Had any other good builders of ti built you a bike with same geo and still find a big difference?

Ive ridden quite a few ti bikes, some fancy and some less so. I know which make i liked the most but i never had identical geo nore identical set ups. I also know i liked the fancy ones alot more before i even had a chance to ride it so my mindset was allrdy very possitive before the testrides. Then again ive had some fancy makes that were let downs aswell so id like to think im not completely sold on just the brand.

Im just curious sometimes how my "dream ride" would hold up in a blind test with other similar bikes with the same set up. It really doesent matter since i love my bike. If the reasons i love it for wouldent hold up in a blindtest really would matter either as i still feel the way i do right now.. Just a thought that pops into my head once in a while. Usually it comes when i havent had a chance to build something new recently so could just be my subconcious screwing with me in order to get a new bike :)

Its a beautiful bike no doubt, enjoy!

TMK001

by TMK001

I have had quite a few carbon bikes and ridden quite a few of the top tier brands along the way. I have never had another Ti bike.

Titanium is few and far between these days and most of the manufacturers being distributed in Australia do not offer the level of quality and customisation that Baum can offer to its customers in Australia. I built my first Baum as my "Good bike" that I'd ride on special occasions, but after riding it for a few months, I hung all my other bikes up and just ride it - rain, hail, shine.

TuscanySwe

by TuscanySwe

Well id love to try a baum one day. Till then ill enjoy watching the pics of yours n others.

TMK001

by TMK001

If You're ever in Australia - Give me a yell, you're more than welcome to ride my other one :)

TuscanySwe

by TuscanySwe

TMK001 wrote:If You're ever in Australia - Give me a yell, you're more than welcome to ride my other one :)

Hehe im going to hold you to that one!
Ill let you know ahead so you can fit it with a 58tt :)

TMK001

by TMK001

Its a 558mm top tube with a 110mm stem... 802mm seat height. I'm all legs. You'd get on it with the seat down if you're not as leggy...

legsrburnin

by legsrburnin

Simply Beautiful TMK

I will own a Baum one day. It may be a MTB, it may be a CX (havent seen one), it may be a roadie, but I WILL own a Baum!

I've been eyeing off their bikes since the early 2000's.
Lefty heaven

Rush

by Rush

Is the geometry any different to your other Coretto?

TMK001

by TMK001

Yeah, I was remarkably more flexible than my last fit (I was working my ass off prior to my first fit) so I was happy for a bit more drop and reach on the new one. This is a bit more aggressive like my track bike.

wshiong

by wshiong

WOW .. nice :shock:
Passoni Mirror

Passoni Xxti

LionelB

by LionelB

Curious about the 50mm raked fork. Do you have the geometry drawing?

majklnajt

by majklnajt

@TMK001, from your signature, I see you also own a Colnago C50. Could you maybe also post pics from it as well? Thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Roobay

by Roobay

The sort of build we use to see on here quite regularly a few years back before the ressesion hit
I think it's one of the best builds I've seen a a couple of years
Baum and Todd have done a fine job here and should be praised not jeered at
Its the kind of build that befits a well heeled rider of discerning taste and I wouLd be proud to own it ride and love it
i like people... i just can't stand assholes