Time Xpresso 12 Titan Carbon pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DavidSantela

by DavidSantela

The new Time Xpresso pedals are coming !!
The Xpresso 12 is given at 155g/pair on internet but it seems a bit lighter.............. :D

Hope to test them soon to give you my feedback also about the area of 700mm², whoaaaaaa I will make people suffer in my wheel :thumbup:

Xpresso 12.jpg
whoaaaaaa I will make people suffer in my wheel
:thumbup:

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

Don't buy Time folks.

One of my iClic Titan/Carbon pedals was machined incorrectly, so incorrectly in fact that you couldn't get the appropriately sized hex wrench in the end of the axle. I kid you not.

And these pedals are giving me lots of clicks as I ride.

Time iClics were a lesson in how to loose your market share.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Omiar

by Omiar

Are they already available or are you just reviewing them?
Do they use the same old cleats?
Last edited by Powerful Pete on Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't quote immediately preceeding post. PP
Cannondale SystemSix R8170
Trek Checkpoint SL5 MY2022

trikobe

by trikobe

I've got 3 sets of iclics as well and they all click or squeek. Driving me nuts to a point I am ready to swap pedal system. Any news if Look is updating their Keo Blades?

boolinwall

by boolinwall

I currently own a pair of Keo 2's, Time impacts, Time RXS, and Time I-clics, speedplay zeros and a few others. My impacts didn't last long at all. I ride in all weather, both pedals eventually siezed. Same with the Look Keo's. This happened after 2 months. My fav. pedal ever, the RXS's. My bearings are still fresh as a daisy, however, after 4 years, the engagement system is wearing out. I bought I-clics earlier in the year and hated them (at fisrt). Eventually though, I got them broken in. I was concerned about some of the stories I've heard about them, but so far, so good. If you don't like the noise time pedals make, you'll hate looks. 1 in every 10 time users complain about the noise. Just about every look user mentions the squeak in their pedals.
Time definately took a small step backwards with the I-clic (compared to the RXS) hopefully these new ones regain the ground they've lost. Personally, with my knee issues, I have to ride Time's (lateral float). So I'm hoping the new ones are just as nice as my old RXS's. Mind you, I say that without ever having issues with my own I-clics. But I can see after most of a season that these will clearly not last as long as my others have.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Dear Owner,

When you ride in inclement weather be sure to grease my F***ing bearings.

Thank you!

Yours Truly,
Mr. Pedal
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

'Xpresso 12' ... version 12 kind of says it has taken quite a few attempts to get these pedals right.

eric01

by eric01

3rd time is a charm?

Iclic, Iclic2... Now Xpresso because the IClic name has been tarnished so
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

ElChaba

by ElChaba

I would guess the fact that Time still has RXS pedals available speaks loudly about the relative success of the various versions of I-Clic (now with more sequels than the movie "Rocky) BTW, I am a huge fan of Time's products, but I have seen no need to ditch the RXS's in favor of the I-Clics.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Exactamundo Elchaba. That is why most of my bikes have time rxs. They are easily rebuild-able. The bearings can be swapped out for the ceramic version very cheaply. Time supplies you with all of the replacement parts through your LBS that sell them. Time says: "What more do you want MOFO" :lol:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

Rush

by Rush

I actually bought Titanium RXS pedals off eBay for my new bike (which is being built). I bought some RXS First pedals to put on my current bike so I could keep the same cleats on my shoes.

The cleats often squeak and have to be re-tightened. The way the rubber cleat fixes to the bottom of the shoe (Sidi) is a bit different to the way the old Time system attached (which used a flat metal plate). Hopefully the cleat squeak will diminish once the rubber moulds to the bottom of my shoe a bit better.

Pedals are good so far. 200 grams lighter than my old Time pedals :lol:

Grill

by Grill

I really like my iClic2 pedals. Can't wait to try the Xspresso. Losing close to 100 grams over my current setup will be nice too...

roca rule

by roca rule

i might try them, but i ride a 595. i have hear if you mix look and time your knees might tear.

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

Hopefully the cleat squeak will diminish once the rubber moulds to the bottom of my shoe a bit better.

How can it squeak ? That end is not supposed to move.
If you mean some squeaking from the cleat to pedal interface (which normally does not happen either), you can grease the metal retaining bar on the pedal a little.

I actually bought Titanium RXS pedals off eBay for my new bike (which is being built).

Did the same, bought a second Ti set off fleebay from an italian guy who must be a WW; he replaced the springs with what looks to be Ti ones made from a spoke or something screwing the SET screw on the LH pedal in the process.... :mrgreen:

Would love to take a closer look at the Xpresso though, they look quite errrr....futuristic. 8)

Ciao, ;)
Last edited by fdegrove on Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

roca rule wrote:i might try them, but i ride a 595. i have hear if you mix look and time your knees might tear.
8) Well maybe they might, but not 100% of the time, as I can attest from mixing Look frame with Time pedals for 6 seasons without any obvious knee problems. I sometimes had knee problems back in the olden days using conventional slotted cleats/top clips. But the knees are golden with Look frame/Time pedals. 8)

Anyhow, brandsdontmatchpolice might get on your case.

Oh, and I am happy to report no obvious ill effects fron mixing Shimano and Campoagnolo in a techically compatible way.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com