Cube Agree Owners - Easton EA30 Wheelset weight

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mattyb95

by mattyb95

Hi everyone,

Am doing some research for my father in law. He wants some new wheels but is on a bit of a budget. I was wondering if anybody knew the weights of the OEM Easton EA30 Wheels that come as stock on the Cube Agree? Yes he could weigh them but not sure he has accurate scales and thought it worth checking here first.

He's looking at either Shimano RS80 C24s or Mavic Elites, both around 1550g manufacturer's spec and my concern is whether these are worth it as an upgrade hence wanting to know the weight.

Thought its worth a punt to ask here first at least.

Thanks
Last edited by mattyb95 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thisisnotaspoon

by thisisnotaspoon

I looked at a 2nd hand set as some trainng wheels whilst I saved up for something nicer. They're OEM as the cheepest wheels easton sell aftermarket are the EA50 which are ~1800g so its a fair assumption they'll be either the same or heavier. So yes, kysrium elites or RS80's would be loseing half a lb easily, and it'd be mostly in the rim (making them feel even lighter) seeing as he'd be swapping a cheep aluminium aero rim for either of those which have quite complicated lightweight rims.

mattyb95

by mattyb95

The EA50s have a deeper rim (30mm) though than the EA30s which I would think would have nearer a 24mm from recollection having seen them so I would have thought that would balance out a bit against heavier materials elsewhere say in the spokes or hubs.

thisisnotaspoon

by thisisnotaspoon

I didn't know that, I just came to the conclusion they were probbaly cost cutted versions of the ea50's, can't see them being lighter though otherwise easton would be shooting themselves in the foot offering a cheeper and lighter wheelset still under the banner of being aero.