USADA Banned Armstrong new Doping Allegations

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

J-Nice

by J-Nice

Michael Ashenden on cycling's ongoing problem of "Omerta"-

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/opi ... omerta-101" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There will be no decision on the Armstrong case for a few more weeks. And even though they've tried to wrest the case from the USADA's hands after initially stating they would respect their jurisdiction, the UCI has said (yet again) that they will not appeal the decision to CAS. So once the evidence is presented, the decision to strip Armstrong of all seven of his Tours will stand.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/no-furt ... -few-weeks
Check out the latest controversies in sport-

http://berzin.blogspot.com/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

artray

by artray

Solidsnake " covering your ears and saying "LALALALAL Livestrong is perfect LALALALAL " :roll:
I never said Livestrong is perfect .You are jumping to your own conclusions again. Covering your ears is exactly what you have been doing. You seem to lack real life experience and seem more interested in getting the last word . You obviously have missed a lot of the points I have made and have come to your own conclusions about my views on Armstrong etc. :unbelievable:

bikeman71

by bikeman71

“We will be sending a reasoned decision to WADA, UCI and WTC (World Triathlon Corporation) as provided for under the rules in the coming weeks, “ a statement from the agency read.

What is USADA waiting for? If they are this unprepared and still working on creating the case for a ban, Armstrong should have gone to arbitration. The work that is happening now should have been completed before bringing the case forward. I can understand taking a week to prepare a document to explain the evidence and the case.....but this will end up taking more than a month.

What is USADA preparing that takes more than a month? I've heard over and over again that the evidence will speak for itself.....then let's get on with it and let the evidence speak!

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

I suspect there may be extensive negotiations going on with various bodies, UCI etc. We also don't know if the feds have renewed interest and that can slow things down.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

... or maybe it's the summer and a lot of folks have scheduled vacations. It happens.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

bikeman71

by bikeman71

Mr.Gib wrote:I suspect there may be extensive negotiations going on with various bodies, UCI etc. We also don't know if the feds have renewed interest and that can slow things down.

What is there to negotiate? Hopefully it's not about UCIs possible involvement in previous cover-ups? If USADA is even considering turning a blind eye to that nonsense, then they are no better than Armstrong...they become a part of the omertà that they continually rant about. If the same witnesses that they say implicate Armstrong are also implicating the UCI and they don't follow through then they have no business continuing their work....they become part of the orchestrated doping at a much higher level than Armstrong ever dreamt of.

Is there a statute of limitations on this case if the USADA is involved in a doping cover up with the UCI?

It's still way too early to pass any judgement on the USADA, but like I said twenty pages ago, they better be squeaky clean on this case from the very beginning until the end of time or they will end up in a mess of epic proportions.

artray

by artray

I have said all along that I feel some kind of deal would be done so that the UCI can keep the damage to a minimum. If this happens then the integrity of everybody invovled comes into question and the whole saga becomes a pointless waste of time.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Could be anything. Doubt USADA will hold anything back but they may be willing to coordinate with policy changes in other organizations including amnesty issues etc. The content and timing of the reactions of other bodies will pretty much tell the story. Look for nicely prepared statements to appear quite quickly.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Rick

by Rick

artray wrote:I have said all along that I feel some kind of deal would be done so that the UCI can keep the damage to a minimum. If this happens then the integrity of everybody invovled comes into question and the whole saga becomes a pointless waste of time.

We certainly wouldn't want this to become a pointless waste of time!

ww4

by ww4

can we please locked this topic, its cooked too may times, I say yes and you said no, I get it :smartass:

KH1

by KH1

If it's locked it will only resurface when another release from USADA or new revelation appears.
Don't let the truth get in the way of good story...
2023 Propel Advanced SL (Growing in the Petrie dish)
2022 Trance Advanced Pro 1
2021 Revolt Advanced 1
2020 TCR Advanced SL 0 (Dead)
2019 Fathom 1 29er
2017 TCR Advanced Pro 0

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Good point, keep it open so that we can later collectively total the mount of hours spent on this topic and surmise the direct impact on our well being and the future of our children.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Errm right horse...now moving on...
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

horse

by horse

What such a Nice thread.
Will post more next time.

J-Nice

by J-Nice

An expert analyzes Armstrong's blood values and comes to a conclusion-

http://downthebackstretch.blogspot.com/ ... blood.html
Check out the latest controversies in sport-

http://berzin.blogspot.com/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components