2013 Parlee

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Pharmstrong

by Pharmstrong

I read Parlee's 'top of the range' to be their custom bikes, not the monocoque frames?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CharlesM

by CharlesM

Right. :up:

Now let's get back to screaming about major issues :wink:

Guys it's interbike and most industry folks are already here in Vegas and won't be checking in at chat rooms for a week.

You'll likely have a lot more details from web sites ahead of lots of manufacturer and distribution people returning home.

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

It's called the Z-Zero. Slots into the line as the flagship above the Z1. Pricing is expected to be pretty close to the current Z1. Full custom geometry, custom layups with shaped tubes some co-molding, tapered fork, di2/eps integrated, all UD and the part that really applies on this website, weights starting at 750 grams.

Pharmstrong

by Pharmstrong

carbon2329

by carbon2329

Madcow,

Thank you. Is it an aero frame, then, or should we asume no because of the low weight?

It is at Interbike and where?

This is a frame I will sell my current builds to get if it is as good as I hope and it can use mechanical without full housing in frame. :?: :| :D

There has to be pictures somewhere, if it is at the show.

natiedean24

by natiedean24

Full-Length housing: that's a bit of a bummer. I guess they expect everyone to be using DI2 / EPS.

Ufgators

by Ufgators

Damn it to all hell. Go figure a z0. My z1 will be done next week!

Gold Knight

by Gold Knight

here is what was emailed to me:

This Wednesday, Sept. 19th, we will officially announce the arrival of our newest custom design: The all-new PARLEE Z-Zero. We are writing you, our dealers, in advance of this event so you hear first hand what this bike is about.

We have been very busy the last 4-5 years bringing our stock bikes to market, but custom carbon is where we started and we are 100% focused on building the finest customizable carbon bikes on the planet.

The Z-Zero is our latest creation. The Z-Zero is a do-everything well design built with DNA from the Z1/2/3 as well as Z5 SLi, but it is a clean slate design, updated for the needs and tastes of 2013 and beyond.

All UD carbon construction, tapered steerer tubes, modular, shaped tubing designs, room for 28c tires and compatibility with disc brakes are just some of the highlights that make the Z-Zero the new benchmark in custom carbon. 100% hand-built in Beverly , MA to exacting riders needs, the Z-Zero is available in our highly-regarded Flex-Fit stock geometry or our dialed to the mm custom geometry.

We will be previewing the Z-Zero this week at Interbike with our manufacturing partner ENVE Composites. The bike will be on display at Interbike in Las Vegas with ENVE, booth 4139. We have also attached a pdf showing where our bikes will be on display at Interbike. If you have not set an appointment to see meet with us, please email tom@parleecycles.com to set one up.

Full information and photos will be available to dealers shortly. We plan on formally launching the bike to consumers via our website and press outlets in early November.

Orders may be placed now for customer or display units with first deliveries starting in early November. Disc brake versions of the bike will begin shipping in early 2013.

We look forward to showing this bike to you.

The PARLEE Team.
:smartass: DO NOT RIDE AN AX-LIGHTNESS FORK :smartass:

carbon2329

by carbon2329

Thank you for that info Gold Knight :thumbup:

CamW

by CamW

:)
Attachments
ParleeZ0.jpg

by 2011

Wish it was not painted so we could see their amazing carbon work that they've become known for. A lot can be hidden with a thick glossy coat of paint. The clean, raw carbon frames of Parlee is what made them really stand out and unique. The paint job of the new Z5's and now this, in my opinion, is not nearly as alluring.

Also... looks like the cables are not internal. Nor Di2, in this display model.

carbon2329

by carbon2329

Should we assume this is a Z5 CX bike with discs (because of the CX wheelset).

I asume this is not the Z-zero. :?:

Pharmstrong

by Pharmstrong

No, from the bottle cage bosses it would appear it's a custom. Looks like the Z-Zero trades the lugged look for a more smoothed appearance. Or that paint is really thick.

carbon2329

by carbon2329

Good eyes. I see it now.

Thank you for the picture, that made my day (it has cable stops :D :thumbup: ).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ozrider

by Ozrider

Pics are the Z0 with disc brakes. Here's a link to Bikerumor with pics of matte black Z0 with Rim brakes

http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/09/19/par ... more-49257" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-c ... 124512.jpg

http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-c ... 124711.jpg
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done