BMC + GURU

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

benrosa

by benrosa

wss03 wrote:Have you set up your RXRS yet? I would love to see some pictures. :wink:

I am going to build it once I recieve the wheelset. I hv a questions, the fork is with the headset together. I cannot take it out. How can I take it out? Thanks man

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

milkbaby

by milkbaby

benrosa wrote:
wss03 wrote:Have you set up your RXRS yet? I would love to see some pictures. :wink:

I am going to build it once I recieve the wheelset. I hv a questions, the fork is with the headset together. I cannot take it out. How can I take it out? Thanks man

The headset on Time works differently. It basically screws on and off, so you can work on the spacers and stem placement without having to readjust the headset at all. Google for the instruction manual online. Cheers on all the awesome bikes!

sent by tapatalk because my computer is a paperweight

konky

by konky

Hi benrosa

Are you sure the Guru is 4.5kg. With those componants even if the frame is in the 700g range I would guess it's nearer 6kg. Even if the frame weighs 1g I would estimate that bike weighs more than 4.5kg.

I don't mean to be provocative, I'm just confused.

elviento

by elviento

Ben, the headset is screwed on. I may have some of those "tooth picks" fromt TIME. Let me look in my parts bin.

BTW, Konky, I am pretty sure it's in the ballpark of 4.5, because I built up a 4.7 one with a slightly heavier frame.

Don't forget, we are in the 60g-Stem and 70g-saddle and 800g wheelset zone. Serious light (and expensive) stuff we are dealing with .
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

nismosr

by nismosr

pretty amazing stable . what size is the SLR01 ?
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2022 Ridley Kanzo Adv Rival/GX AXS-Zipp 303s
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2022 Basso Palta 2-Rival/GX AXS-Zipp 303s
2023 Colnagno G3X-SRAM Force-Levante

andylav

by andylav

The Guru RL looks well - hoping to build one of these up myself shortly.

Frame is 990 grammes for a medium but the forks are a very hefty 586 grammes - currently looking for a lighter alternative !

wss03

by wss03

The two metal "toothpick" looking pieces I sent you go in the holes of the piece that says "Time Ergo Drive" which actually serves as the top cap of the headset. Once you unscrew that from the fork it will be just like what you are used to - one bearing on the top, one on the bottom and so fourth. Feel free to email me if you need any help.

konky

by konky

elviento wrote:Ben, the headset is screwed on. I may have some of those "tooth picks" fromt TIME. Let me look in my parts bin.

BTW, Konky, I am pretty sure it's in the ballpark of 4.5, because I built up a 4.7 one with a slightly heavier frame.

Don't forget, we are in the 60g-Stem and 70g-saddle and 800g wheelset zone. Serious light (and expensive) stuff we are dealing with .

Elviento you're right I was looking at the RL. Silly me and benrosa sorry to have doubted you. Your photon does look every inch a 4.5kg bike.

benrosa

by benrosa

milkbaby wrote:
benrosa wrote:

The headset on Time works differently. It basically screws on and off, so you can work on the spacers and stem placement without having to readjust the headset at all. Google for the instruction manual online. Cheers on all the awesome bikes!

sent by tapatalk because my computer is a paperweight

Thanks alot. I am stupid and try to remove it with force. Luckly I watched your reply. :thumbup:

benrosa

by benrosa

nismosr wrote:pretty amazing stable . what size is the SLR01 ?

size 50 :wink:

benrosa

by benrosa

konky wrote:
elviento wrote:Ben, the headset is screwed on. I may have some of those "tooth picks" fromt TIME. Let me look in my parts bin.

Elviento you're right I was looking at the RL. Silly me and benrosa sorry to have doubted you. Your photon does look every inch a 4.5kg bike.

o o, hoho is ok, I am happy that you like my bikes. Thanks buddy :wink:

benrosa

by benrosa

wss03 wrote:The two metal "toothpick" looking pieces I sent you go in the holes of the piece that says "Time Ergo Drive" which actually serves as the top cap of the headset. Once you unscrew that from the fork it will be just like what you are used to - one bearing on the top, one on the bottom and so fourth. Feel free to email me if you need any help.

I will take pics today :o

benrosa

by benrosa

wss03 wrote:The two metal "toothpick" looking pieces I sent you go in the holes of the piece that says "Time Ergo Drive" which actually serves as the top cap of the headset. Once you unscrew that from the fork it will be just like what you are used to - one bearing on the top, one on the bottom and so fourth. Feel free to email me if you need any help.

here we are my friend
Attachments
20120918_182703.jpg
20120918_182625.jpg
20120918_182639.jpg
20120918_182729.jpg

benrosa

by benrosa

:P The bike is great, the best I ever ride. :shock:
Attachments
20120918_182750.jpg
20120918_182941.jpg
20120918_182443.jpg
20120918_182428.jpg

benrosa

by benrosa

Just finish assembling today and tried it late evening. Fast reaction, shifting smooth and fast, wheelset is great and come with very nice sound.

I will take better pics within days and will show u again

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com