IRC Formula pro light tubeless,240g + Spada Oxygeno, 1150g

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pholcus

by pholcus

Hi all, my new wheelset is completed! I got Spada Oxygeno 18+24 spokes, plus today arrived IRC Formula Pro light Tubeless tires, 240 g each.
The setup was very easy, nothing to compare to my previous DA 7850 SL and Hutch Atom, which were really a p.i.t.a. to get on.
I used only some soapy water and the tire went straight on, almost by hand.
I rode them for a 30 km spin, and everythings ok, the wheelset is very light: 1150 wheels + 480 tires + 20 rim tape + 14 valves

Uphill is wonderful, very very responsive yet confortable, I run it at 6.5 f, 7.0 r., my weight is 63kg
Attachments
IRC tubeless
IRC tubeless
Sorry not having a digital scale right now
Sorry not having a digital scale right now
Complete wheelset
Complete wheelset

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Estelja

by Estelja

Very nice!. That's incredibly light for clinchers. Do you have a source or link for the wheels?

pholcus

by pholcus

Yes, http://www.spadabike.com/prodotti_ruote.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Spada is a small shop in Tirano, near Passo Mortirolo, he himself produces hubs, while rims are Stan's and spokes a mix of Pillar and Sapim.

Sorry it's only in Italian, if you need I might translate. I spoke to him by phone,he's very kind and skilled, and his hubs are really interesting: no tools needed to open them.

colnagoracer11

by colnagoracer11

where did you get the IRC's? Stans no tubes in big flats ny just up the road from me said he's going to start carrying IRC's when they become available in the USA? Can I get them somewhere else?.

pholcus

by pholcus

I ordered it from Japan, they costed me a lot (custom fees) but I wanted to try them!

rowdysluggins

by rowdysluggins

laager wrote::laughat: valve caps and stem collar nuts.

You can save more weight by getting rid of them. :smartass:

Valve caps - OK, but you need the nuts on tubeless.

pholcus

by pholcus

I had also on DA wheels, Shimano originals. Without nut, the valve looses air!

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

use american classic valves. theyre aluminum, with aluminum valve nuts. light! and red! and reasonably priced!
http://amclassic.com/en/products/components/tubeless-valves.php

edmundo

by edmundo

pholcus wrote:I had also on DA wheels, Shimano originals. Without nut, the valve looses air!
+1 using Campagnolo 2-way Shamals
Under the Sun - a thriller for weightweenies with bike loving main character on Kindle here

artray

by artray

I was going to buy a set, but I was just about on the weight limit for these wheels. Got some stans built that weigh 1182grms.It will be interesting to see how these wheels hold up, keep us posted Pholcus
Good luck with the wheels

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Does anybody know a supplier who can import these to the US or know somebody in Japan who can buy in bulk and ship them here? I feel like there's decent demand for these tires, but the only online importer is gouging the prices at like $150/tire.

Phill P

by Phill P

Why don't you give it a shot? IRC might let you order, but chances are the minimum will be a few thousand $$s worth. See if you can organize a bulk by through WWs to help cover the cost.
Technical Director at www.TUFFcycle.com

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Honestly, I don't even know where to start. There is 0 contact information on their English website. There are basically 0 US distributors for IRC bike tires, and the bike tire division of the company seems to be the tiniest of tiniest subsidiaries of the gigantic Inoac industrial company: http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.a ... 7%E3%83%B3

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

I talked to irc at interbike. They will be distributing their tires, including the formula pro light tubeless tires, in the US. I'll try to get timing information.

BobSantini

by BobSantini

I assume they are the original (lighter) Stan's 340 rims. I didn't know you could still get those.
r o y g b i v

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com