Worlds Team Time Trial

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

UKpaul

by UKpaul

Can any one explain to me how this works. Guys from different nations in the same team win the even but is that win for the team or the actual guys that ride?
I mean the guys that ride tomorrow might not be the guys that say do a TTT in the Giro or Tour but because the team won does that mean they where the Rainbow jersey?
Could we have 2 events on the same day in different countries where the rainbow jersey is worn?
It all sounds a bit odd to me and not really needed.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

No rainbow jersey is awarded. The members of the team who participate in the event receive medals and the team is presented with a trophy.

There is talk of an insignia that the members of the winning team will wear on the skinsuits for time trials, but no rainbow jersey will be awarded for this event.

UKpaul

by UKpaul

Ahh ok, It all seems a bit of a waste of time when most riders will be thinking about the RR.
:noidea:

Willier

by Willier

So I guess they will play the anthem of country in which the team is registred?

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Will they raise the flag of the primary corporate sponsor?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

I was there while the UCI officials were discussing the issues of anthems and flags. As of this morning (Sunday) they haven't sorted it out yet and will be back for more rehearsals until just before race time. They were leaning toward the anthem and flag of the country in which the team is licensed/registered. But they may do away with the flag/anthem portion of the ceremony altogether. I proposed they simply play a 60 second commercial for the primary sponsor on the jumbotron behind the podium. But I was quickly reminded that I was a guest. hahahaha

Wingnut

by Wingnut

This is bullshit...trade team time trial @ the worlds, load of crap!

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Why, are you so indoctrinated by the Olympics BS of all competitors representing countries, playing national anthems and all that other stuff which has nothing to do with sport? Why should athletes in cycling world championships represent countries? Why not let the best rider(s) win? Let whatever teams want to form/participate in the TTT participate, as long as they meet some merit-based qualifying procedure. Let riders in ITT and road races gain admission based on their own merit, regardless of their country.

Forget the national anthems and flags. Podium finishers get up on the podium, get their medals, and they can sing praise to the paragons of virtue at the UCI.

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Well, they went with the anthems of the licensing country. It was a fun race to watch.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I don't agree HammerTime2,

The Olympics is a farce, just a giant corporate junket...trade teams already get enough coverage throughout the year with the current calendar...yes let the best riders win but under the blanket of representing your country...

Bring back the Grand Prix de la Libération if it's a trade team TT that's wanted...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com