anyone here regret their parlee?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ufgators

by Ufgators

I understand the sluggish feel you are taking about but have you actually measured the difference in ride times? The z5 has one of the best rides I have ever experienced. You do feel more of the road with the cervelo but I don't think this made me faster with prior cervelos. For the same price as the RCA you can have a z1 build with custom geometry and actually speak to someone at the company.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dchesrown

by dchesrown

Based on Strava Data, no 2 days are the same I know. Consistently faster on the CA than the Z5. Both had same exact build only difference frame stem and bar.
Where I noticed the biggest difference to me is during sprints or steep 15%+ grades, the CA just responds the way I like.

Ufgators

by Ufgators

I really liked my r3sl cervelo...wish I hadn't sold it!

Enda Marron

by Enda Marron

I have a Parlee and it is quite simply the best frame/bike I've ever had
I really like my Cervelo R3sl and continue to recommend it as its also excellent but the Parlee is better
It is sublime - light, responsive, beautifully put together, comfortable, fast, .....
All the gibberish about Parlee being the bike of choice for rich fat sortive riders is crap
In my case I saved and saved and saved until I could get one - and I only use it for my Dolomites trips and for very special rides at home and Sportives but I really appreciate it
Those who scoff at Sportive Parlee riders are jealous and just rubbish the riders not the bike/frame - they do not realise thatmany of the Parlee riders are guys who have lusted after one for years and now in their later/wealthier years can afford one and that the jonny-come-latelys to cycling do not know about Parlees and only want frames that SHOUT "look at my great bike", they get exposed when sportives go upwards and all true cyclists regardless of frame or bike leave them with steam coming out of their asses

Bottom line: Parlee best bike frames in the world (so far!!!)

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Guys, can we please leave the ridiculous handbags "you sound like an Apple fanboy" or "it's the best bike in the world" for the playground.

We're meant to be adults.

kac

by kac

Very satisfied Z3 owner since 2007. In terms of design elegance (simplicity), workmanship (first rank), customer service (right up there) and ride quality...no complaints whatsoever.

KAC

Naturel

by Naturel

Ufgators wrote:I really liked my r3sl cervelo...wish I hadn't sold it!

And than, on which bike do you ride now?

Would you have kept the Cervelo?

Naturel

by Naturel

I have a Cervelo R3SL and I have received my new Z5SL.
The Cervelo is a 2007 model and I think that my Cervelo is more modern!!!?
And more beautiful...
I hesitate to sell the Parlee to keep my Cervelo.

BobSantini

by BobSantini

mattiTWOROADS wrote:...

The difference between the parlee and the supersix was quite noticeable. The sensations were completely different and I felt slow and sluggish compared to the cannondale. One thing I loved (and admittedly still miss a little bit) is how connected the Susi felt to the road. You knew exactly how fast you were going. It felt stiff and harsh, but handle like it was on rails.

On the parlee that first day, I was about to chalk it up to condition, then I looked at the computer. Despite having been off the bike, I was riding significantly faster than I previously would on the same route. While I chalk that speed that day up to some sort of "new bike adrenaline", what can't be overlooked is how much more comfortable I was after that ride than previously. While I loved that cannondale "sensation", it beat me the hell up.

To this day, there is a little part of me that misses that harsh ride of my Susi, but then again, there is a little masochist in me. And after a year on the Parlee, I can honestly say you couldn't pry it off of my dead cold feet. The bike has a tuned comfort, but damn... push it and it will go! It really does have the best qualities from both ends of the spectrum and when it comes to handling... I thought the susi was the best handling bike I had ever ridden... until the Parlee. This is a bike you can ride any time, any distance, as hard as you can and it will act accordingly and consistently.

The susi was a balls out fast feeling bike... stiff as hell and you knew it. the parlee is a way more "refined" ride. It really is something you need to spend some time on to appreciate it.

But that said, I can see how it isn't for everyone.

I read a very similar commentary about the Super Six Evo with "speedsaver tech". Namely that it feels sluggish but when you check the numbers it isn't.
So I guess sluggishness is a subjective attribute of a comfortable bike. Subjective judgement is just guess work with conviction.
r o y g b i v

LegendRider

by LegendRider

I've owned a Z1x since December 2005. It replaced a Serotta Legend Ti and a Pegoretti Fina Estampa - both fine bikes, but the Parlee has a superior ride quality.

I told Tom that I wanted similar geometry to my Fina and they made a few recommendations but otherwise matched a 57cm Pegoretti.

I have a couple of small regrets. First, I spec'd a 27.2mm seatpost which looks a little odd compared to the large diameter seattube. Also, my 57cm frame is 59cm center-to-top and 61cm to the very top of the seattube. That's a little too tall for me - not enough seatpost showing.

Naturel

by Naturel

Yes but the problem it is that my Cervelo R3 SL is a Formula1!!!!

A beast for race....

Naturel

by Naturel

I have read several reviews of the Z5 Parlee and it would be less reactive, have less "punch" than bikes like Cervelo R series, Specialized Tarmac,...
I am looking for a bike with a racer comportment. Not to stay on saddle...

Ufgators

by Ufgators

Naturel wrote:
Ufgators wrote:I really liked my r3sl cervelo...wish I hadn't sold it!

And than, on which bike do you ride now?

Would you have kept the Cervelo?

I ride a z1 and a z5. The cervelo is fun but I doubt if I still had it I would actually ride it.

Naturel

by Naturel

As I hesitate so much

I choose to sell my Brand NEW Z5SL and I have just bought a new R5 :roll: