Barcelona advice needed.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

Hi there. I am in the process of moving for 3 days / week to Barcelona leading to full time this time next year. I wonder if one of the Spanish locals could pm me.

Specifically where is the best place to live around 20-30 mins outside the city for hilly riding, what is the most suitable club for an aging uk clubman, and does anyone know an apartment or house perhaps in the grounds of a bigger house so that I can have a secure house just for a few days per week.

Best news is that I can finally justify a new bike. Parlee calls, but Orbea is the more culturally sensitive option.

Thanks.

daveglad

by daveglad

Hi Ghisallo,

Congrats on the move to Barcelona, you won't regret it as its a wonderful place. I live right in the city but it is not a problem as there are hills galore surrounding Barcelona as it is conveniently placed between the mountains and the sea. There are several climbs of between 5-8km on the edge of the city that I use regularly for training. An hour or so out of the city is the Montseny region with climbs of 20km+.

As for a club, I am a member of CC Gràcia http://www.ccgracia.org/index.htm, there are a few Brits, including myself, French, Germans, Argentinians, we are getting quite international and with an A, B and C group all levels are catered for and we get a 10% discount at the ORBEA shop in the neighbourhood so make sure you join before investing in a new piece of hi-tech machinery!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pastronef

by pastronef

Hi guys

I use this thread not to open another one
After my visit to Malaga last January, I want to ride, end of January 2013, in Girona - Lloret de Mar area.

Turin airport is 1 hour drive from my home, no highway toll to pay. it is less expensive to drive there and get my sister drive the car home.
i won't have to go to Milan or Bergamo, leave the car in the parking for a week $, or get a friend to bring me there and pick me up.

I know it is colder than Valencia or Calpe, but i hope for good luck :mrgreen:

as I obviously look on the internet for accomodations and roads, any suggestion is welcome, for rides, distances, bike shops, zimmer etc, bike bags (i saw chain-reaction-cycles has some good ones) :thumbup:

gracias