2013 Parlee

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Naturel

by Naturel

Is anywone know the news for 2013 Parlee?
Evolutions for Z model, news colors? New models?
Z5 SL always the same?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ph

by ph

I read on bikerumor that the Z5 models will be streamlined into:
Z5i - internal cabling for mechanical and electronic shifting
Z5SLi - new cable routing + ENVE 1.0 fork, lighter hardware and paint

source: http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/07/26/parlee-updates-tt-and-z5-bikes-both-now-di2mechanical-in-one-more/

Ozrider

by Ozrider

According to Bikerumor - The stock sized Z5 models also get consolidated. There’s now a single Z5i (shown) that’s both mechanical and electronic compatible. All cables go internal, so no more cable stops, and it’s just a change in grommets that cover the holes in the frame to switch between cable housing and wires. Battery mount moves to the chainstay and fits both Di2 and EPS batteries. it comes with the ENVE 2.0 fork and alloy seat clamp and painted frame.

For the Z5 SLi, it gets the same mech/elec combo frame but uses the lighter ENVE 1.0 fork, titanium hardware and carbon seat clamp. Oh, and the sweet matte black/ghosted logo paint scheme from 2012.

http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-c ... bike01.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

shillc

by shillc

There is likely to be a Aero road bike based on the Prius concept released soon.
More info:

http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/04/13/fac ... -projects/

CharlesM

by CharlesM

And something else...

xjbaylor

by xjbaylor

CharlesM wrote:And something else...

That's just mean.

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

The new Z5i and Z5SLi will be a running change. As current models sell out the new ones will become available. Real availability isn't expected until next year. Also the price on the Z5i and SLi will go up a couple hundred dollars.

I looked at the new Z5i while at dealer camp last month and it looks really good. The mix of matte and gloss black on the same bike looks really good in person.

carbon2329

by carbon2329

According to the bikerumor.com coments (at the bottom) they are using.....

Full length housing for machanical. :( :( :( :(
Plese tell me I am wrong.

I have had full length cable in the past and they function great, BUT....

They tend to vibrate in the frame on rough roads. Which isn't that big of deal but still makes the bike feel like lower quality.

I really hope I am wrong, but I am a little dissapointed.
(I assume it is a compromise in trying to have a frame both mech. & electric, but....)

I think it pretty common knowledge that cable stops are not as attractive as internal, but full housing only adds weight and a heavy cable to vibrate around in the top tube. (not tu mention if you used NOkon or iLinks, which is probably out ot the queston now??)

Parlee always chose "fuction/quality, over popular style". I am really "taken back" a little, if this is the case.

This is not meant to sound too harsh, really. This is a sincere question and concern. I have had a Parlee for years and it is the best bike, IMO.

Madcow, Tom (from Parlee), please, shed your thoughts..... :cry:

shillc

by shillc

Charles,
Can we have another hint, multiple choice list, blurry artistic photo, cryptic anagram, Zodiac like letter etc.

Thanks in advance!

CharlesM

by CharlesM

I kinda screwed up... Maybe at / after interbike.

carbon2329

by carbon2329

Madcow or Tom,

It dosen't look like Parlee has a booth at Interbike.

Will there bikes be show in other booths (like Enve)?
(if so, which ones ?)

CharlesM

by CharlesM

There will be a few around the show. ENVE and capo booths will have bikes (maybe others). There will be a sneak view of an updated model at the top of the range. I don't believe it will be on standing display throughout the show. I will guess that you will see a few pics of it...

carbon2329

by carbon2329

I wanted to follow-up in this thread and see what people know about the 2013 Z5.

I am suprised that no one commented about the full length housing for shift and brake.

Parlee has a dedicated following, and rightfully so, but full length shift/brake housing is a real compromise to get a frame both Electric & cable ready.

Don't you think :?:

Other companies have this with cable stops.

Full length housing:
-will add A LOT of housing (toptube length, down-tube length, chainstay length etc..)
-will add a lot of weight
-only adds more area to compress = less quality (minor, yes)
-cannot use Nokon or iLinks etc..
-if i'm not mistaken, Campagnolo housing dosen't come in a lenght long enough to go from shifter to R-derailer...I could be wrong.
-possibility of housing to rattle in frame (this has been my experince with full housing, personally)

This seems like a real compromise, from a company that has always been "no compromises". Just a little sad, I really wanted a new Parlee Z5sl soon (because it is the lightest Parlee, for a new WW build, but this changes things.
(from a smaller cheaper company, I wouldn't think twice, but from a high end quality Co. like Parlee, I just didn't think I would see this :cry: )

I don't want to be negative toward Parlee, I am actually writing this becasue I know folks at Parlee read from WW, so I thought it might be some customer feedback.

I own a Parlee Z3 sl custom. It is the best frame I have owned IMO, by far. I share this because I am a fan.

Tom (from parlee) or anyone, what are your thoughts.

Am I way off, here :?:
Last edited by carbon2329 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pharmstrong

by Pharmstrong

CharlesM wrote:There will be a sneak view of an updated model at the top of the range. I don't believe it will be on standing display throughout the show. I will guess that you will see a few pics of it...

So an aero Z1?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

by 2011

Pharmstrong wrote:
CharlesM wrote:There will be a sneak view of an updated model at the top of the range. I don't believe it will be on standing display throughout the show. I will guess that you will see a few pics of it...

So an aero Z1?

No. Nothing like the Z1. More like an aero Z5. Based really on the Prius project.

http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/04/13/fac ... -projects/