Ti roadie hot off the oven.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

milkbaby wrote:The logo and falcon head design look great too after all the hullabaloo about the old font...

This was my very first thought. Thanks for working on it elviento, the logo looks much, much better now!
Great looking bike. :thumbup:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

elviento

by elviento

Yes it is indeed similar to the Madone seatpost although ti is a much better material for such design (imagine gun barrel sliding in a shaft).

The longer topper is deliberate and a change from the last version. This is because titanium ISPs are incredibly difficult to cut compared to carbon, so you would need to start with a shorter ISP to allow a bit more adjustment (around 55mm) here, which practically eliminates the need for cutting and the usual complaint against ISPs.

FYI, for this frame with a 54 TT, the lowest saddle height is around 69 and the highest is around 74. Another consideration is transportation. In fact, I went so far as working on an internal topper for cleaner looks but that never went very far.

Another change from the last one, if you look closely enough, is that the front end of the top tube has been raised by 5mm, which isn't much but the head tube now looks slightly more coordinated.

The cable bend is overall a bit less than the traditional routing (approx 150 degrees v. 250 degrees), and cable length is shorter by around 60mm so it's a good change there.
Last edited by elviento on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

artray

by artray

That is really nice . :thumbup:

elviento

by elviento

BTW, just posted 2 more detail pics in the original post...
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com

philhul

by philhul

Like this a lot. But what is the weight properly fully built (with pedals!) ? :wink:

RobH

by RobH

Very nice bike :thumbup:

I think I need to add a Ti bike to my collection in the future.
Rides Cannondale System 6
Cannondale Capo
Masi Speciale (city bike)
2013 Cannondale EVO Di2 on order

cmh

by cmh

I actually like the bar tape...go figure.

austke

by austke

Eurperg "Clean lines and not too obtrusive logos. Nice head tube area. Stem matches nicely.

I think it looks better than a Lynskey or Moots."

+1^

Bar tape is'nt my thing, But Damn nice bike, Top job!!!
2013 Giant TCR Advanced SL 0, 6.92kg
2013 Giant Defy Composite 2 M, 8.5kg - Wife's
Azzurro Torino 8.55g
Fuji 650 10.8kg
Miele Lupa Triple Tandem 38,89kg

wshiong

by wshiong

made in china ? the photo show not very clear.
Passoni Mirror

Passoni Xxti

KB

by KB

Doesn't matter where it was made, it's a great looking bike.

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

You need one of these to go with your bar tape :lol: :shock:
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

elviento

by elviento

Where do I get one? :lol:

BTW, a bit more info on construction --- to deal with the usual claim of "softness", we have used a tapered head tube and large 45mm down tube. Bottom bracket is BB386 which is pretty awesome to behold (is this one of the very few BB386 ti bikes out there?). Chainstays are 33X18 near the BB and taper into a smaller diameter. Seat tube is slightly smaller than usual at around 29 to give it an even more comfortable ride.

Another cool thing is that the ISP topper uses carbon cradles, giving it a weight of 105g. This to me is great news, especially since I am not sacrificing strength and solidness. The top of the ISP can be made thinner than a traditional seat tube collar as the stress is less at that section. Di2 conversion can be done pretty easily as well.

The guys that built it have been building ti bikes for years (in some cases close to 20 years). Their work has been sold worldwide under many US and European brands. These are solid craftsman in my mind, especially since I get to hang out w/ them and get to know them.
www.falcobike.com

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

Hmmm thought it had a tapered head tube, nice 8) Shame to use a standard BSA chainset in that BB386 although I think only FSA currently make a chainset to fit it? Be nice to utilize the bottom bracket with a suitable oversized axle, I think you can get BB30 adapters for those yeah? Stick a Hollogram chainset on it 8)
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

elviento

by elviento

A BB30 crank would indeed be nice, but I just can't bring myself to get an FSA crank. I doubt hollowgram can go on there, probably too narrow to begin with. Fortunately 7900 isn't known to be soft, so I will live with it for now.

BeeBee30 wrote:Hmmm thought it had a tapered head tube, nice 8) Shame to use a standard BSA chainset in that BB386 although I think only FSA currently make a chainset to fit it? Be nice to utilize the bottom bracket with a suitable oversized axle, I think you can get BB30 adapters for those yeah? Stick a Hollogram chainset on it 8)
www.falcobike.com

milkbaby

by milkbaby

BeeBee30 wrote:You need one of these to go with your bar tape :lol: :shock:

I'd like a test ride or two before purchasing if possible... :grin:

Thanks for the info and pics, elviento! BB386 seems like a great idea to beef up the BB shell and all the tubes leading to it for greater stiffness regardless of the crankset used.

What about plans for commercialization of your Ti and carbon designs? I'm sure you'd have some buyers here...

sent by tapatalk because my computer is a paperweight

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com