Need lighter frame suggestions....

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

teamtrinity

by teamtrinity

Hey,

Thinking of getting a new frame this winter. Right now I'm riding a 2007 Look 595 (XS). Total bike weight stands at 12.6 lbs.

What are some lighter frame/fork/post combos I can get for around $4000?

Thanks!

there are multitudes of topics on this

teamtrinity

by teamtrinity

If I got a used Cervelo R3-SL, put a light fork and seatpost on it...would that be a good option?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

by 2011

Not sure of exact weight of that frame, but online it says 1040g.

I'd say if you want to keep the same aesthetics of the frame, a Parlee Z5 would be a good choice, and be 250-300g lighter probably.

teamtrinity

by teamtrinity

2011 wrote:Not sure of exact weight of that frame, but online it says 1040g.

I'd say if you want to keep the same aesthetics of the frame, a Parlee Z5 would be a good choice, and be 250-300g lighter probably.

The Parlee Z5 SL is in the mix. The Cervelo R3-SL is supposed to be sub-800g.

http://www.bicycling.com/gearfinderproductdetail?gfid=12015"%20onclick="window.open(this.href);return%20false;"%20onclick="window.open(this.href);return%20false;

StefanG

by StefanG

teamtrinity wrote:Hey,

Thinking of getting a new frame this winter. Right now I'm riding a 2007 Look 595 (XS). Total bike weight stands at 12.6 lbs.

Thanks!

That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. I have a very light $1 bill (i cut the corners off) that I'll trade you for $100 bill.

teamtrinity

by teamtrinity

StefanG wrote:
teamtrinity wrote:Hey,

Thanks!

That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. I have a very light $1 bill (i cut the corners off) that I'll trade you for $100 bill.

Well, my Look is starting to look a little beat up. I want a new frame. I like light bikes. So I might as well shop for one lighter than my Look.

thisisnotaspoon

by thisisnotaspoon

Is there any reason not to get a Cannondale Evo other than it's way under budget? Isn't there an even more expensive, even lighter, version coming out soon too?

StefanG

by StefanG

teamtrinity wrote:Well, my Look is starting to look a little beat up. I want a new frame. I like light bikes. So I might as well shop for one lighter than my Look.

Fair enough. :)

NGMN

by NGMN

The Cervelo R3-SL is certainly a light frame(~800 grams for a 56), and most modern frames don't really rival it. Though, many seem to prefer the stouter rides of the current Cervelo's with BBright and oversized steerer tube. Personally, I'm not too caught up on uber-stiffness but may be something to consider.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com