Missing cable stops

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

xjbaylor

by xjbaylor

Not an exciting topic I know, but I could use some help. I just purchased a new Lapierre Xelius frame, and it appears to be missing an internal cable stop. I got a local shop to call Lapierre, but they came back with the answer that this frame doesn't have cable stops, so chasing the answer down that way could take some time. I would contact Lapeirre USA directly, but I cannot find any contact info for them.

Does anyone with knowledge of these bikes know where I can get a stop that will work with this frame? Nothing else I have seen is that big. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Even the name of a shop that has built a few of these in the US would help.

Cable stop visible...

Nothing here...

Thanks guys,

Estelja

by Estelja

Best bet would be to get those pictures to Lapierre and see if they can send you a replacement. Barring that, there are a few cable end caps / ferrules that might work depending on the diameter of the hole. Aztec, Jagwire, Problem Solvers all make various versions of them. At a shop ask to view their QBP catalog and look at the back of the cables section labled "lined end caps, nosed end caps".

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xjbaylor

by xjbaylor

Estelja wrote:Best bet would be to get those pictures to Lapierre and see if they can send you a replacement. Barring that, there are a few cable end caps / ferrules that might work depending on the diameter of the hole. Aztec, Jagwire, Problem Solvers all make various versions of them. At a shop ask to view their QBP catalog and look at the back of the cables section labled "lined end caps, nosed end caps".

Thanks for the response. I will keep working with my LBS to get them to send the pics on to Lapierre.

timzcat

by timzcat

If you purchased this new from the LBS then they should resolve it for you ASAP or you should return the frame.

Would you buy a car that was missing say a seat and not expect it resolved immediately? :lol:

The issue is they probably don't call it a cable stop and that is why the LBS got the response they did.
For example Cannondale calls this item for the rear brake a cable guide. It can also be called an insert.

xjbaylor

by xjbaylor

Thanks for the tips! I received a response from the shop I bought the bike from (not local to me) and they are having the distributor send me the missing part. Hopefully it will be correct. Now on to the new issue. As I was preparing to start my build (again) last night I realized that there are no grommets to fill the Di2 cable routing holes on the down tube and at the base of the seat tube.

mgrennie

by mgrennie

There are little aluminum cups that sit in the headtube holes, and a faily complicated exit at the downtube.

The two holes for battery and FD wires are best covered in electrical tape = lightest and best looking solution. Can't even see them.

xjbaylor

by xjbaylor

mgrennie wrote:There are little aluminum cups that sit in the headtube holes, and a faily complicated exit at the downtube.

The two holes for battery and FD wires are best covered in electrical tape = lightest and best looking solution. Can't even see them.

The word from the Lapierre distributor was simply that they are out of the grommets, and they don't know when they will have more. Thanks! :thumbup:

Until then, gaffer's tape will have to do.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com