Pro Vibe UD + Arione CX Braided?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cybernck

by cybernck

I'm having trouble figuring out if it's possible to use Pro Vibe 7s or UD with 7x9 Arione CX Braided saddle.

Previous model had top-to-bottom clamp system, which is fine and I found photos and topics about it.

However, I can't find any confirmation about the latest/current model with its "hybrid" clamp,
that looks like it's a top-to-bottom system, yet at a closer look it seems like it's actually
a side-to-side system?

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/new ... 670-75.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/new ... 670-75.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fizik are not sure about this very seatpost, while I can't find a way to contact PRO at all.

Thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MJHsurfin

by MJHsurfin

Currently running the latest Pro Vibe Carbon seatpost with a Prologo Scratch Nack saddle that also has 7x9mm Oval Carbon rails.
No problems at all & top quality seatpost - very happy with it.
The Pro Vibe seatposts come with 2 sets of the Hybrid Clamps - 1 set for round rails, & 1 set for oval or oversize round rails. Just undo the bolts & swap to whichever clamps you need.

Hope this helps - MJHsurfin.

cybernck

by cybernck

Oh? In that case, that's great!

The clamps that are usually photo'd are only for round rails and I haven't seen another set mentioned anywhere.

Have you got a photo so I could see exactly how it all looks/fits?

Thanks!

MJHsurfin

by MJHsurfin

No Problems - here some quick pics of the installed Pro Vibe Carbon seatpost with Prologo Scratch Nack saddle I have.
I also have a pic of the 2nd set of Clamps that come in a seperate bag with the Carbon Assembly paste. The seatpost has the Clamps for normal 7mm round Saddle rails pre-installed - but if you have a saddle with 7x9mm Oval rails, you swap over to the 2nd set.

Let me know if you need any additional info - MJHsurfin.
Attachments
Pro Vibe Seatpost-1.jpg
Pro Vibe Seatpost-2.jpg
Pro Vibe Seatpost-3.jpg
Pro Vibe Seatpost-4.jpg

civdic

by civdic

Not sure if it will work. Two of my fizik saddles did NOT work with that seatpost. I tried a Arione CX and a newer Kurve. They just about fit but I would have had to modify the oval seatpost clamp to make room. Also the Arione rails where slightly off.

The seatpost is a work of art but is a bit of a struggle to get it together at the best of times. If your seat rails are off by just a little bit it's next to impossible to get set up.

cybernck

by cybernck

MJHsurfin> Thanks, that's more help than I'd initially hoped for! Need to check if the one I'm buying comes with it all though.

civdic> Sounds like the saddle is at fault that it did not fit, not seatpost, as I imagine you'd have the same problems with other types of clamps?

As a backup solution, I have a Fizik Cyrano Carbon seatpost lined up - that one HAS to work with Arione CX Braided!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

civdic

by civdic

I also have an Antares K:ium saddle that didn't fit. I looked like the pick above where the rail doesn't sit perfectly in the front saddle grove. My buddy has the post now and it fits his old flight and an SLR. I wouldn't want any possible play or rubbing on a carbon railed saddle.