Minor adjustments, when you install a new saddle?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ScottGoBlue

by ScottGoBlue

I recently moved from a Selle Italia SL XC Flow to a SLR Superflow 145. My LBS setup the saddle height, and since the nose of the SL is longer (7mm longer, according to Selle Italia), we attempted to proactively compensate for this also.

However, since I've been riding, I feel slightly out of position. Hand pressure is slightly more, which for me typically means I'm slightly too far forward or slightly too high. Everything else on the bike feels great.

So, I had two theories:
1. I could just move the saddle back 1-2 mm and see how it feels. And continue to adjust accordingly.
2. I've also wondered if the difference in padding firmness could be part of the problem. The SLR is much harder, and I've wondered if I'm sitting slightly higher, due to less padding compression? In this case, I'd move the seat down 1-2 mm.

Any insights? Is there any reason to try one first, over the other? Moving the saddle down is certainly easier.

Scott

Rick

by Rick

Saddles definitely differ in length, distance to the "sweet spot" and sag. The sag differential affects the angle and seeat height also.

The only remedy is very careful measurements, or go by feel. I usually try to measure things as best I can, but then feel free to make final minor adjustments by feel. My legs are pretty sensitve to small changes in height, and my arms tell me if my balance is off.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ScottGoBlue

by ScottGoBlue

Thank you. I may make a minor adjust to height and/or angle prior to my next ride.

I've had to make minor height adjustments in the past due to chamois changes, to this makes sense.

Scott