Pro-Lite Cuneo

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

What Tinea said. In a way, this is just as weenie-worthwhile a bike as the others on this forum, but with an interesting twist: doing it within [somewhat] sane financial limits and with creativity.

Testimony to the advances in bike tech that one can go below UCI legal weight with an alu frame...

Again, no offense taken or meant should some here disagree - this is a discussion forum after all. But we all found it particularly intriguing!
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yup, add me to the list of congratulators. Nicely done. Thought out and it shows. Kudos!
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

jordo99

by jordo99

How's the saddle? I ended up just buying it over the weekend and I'm pretty excited to get it. How long did it take to receive it?

FilmAt11

by FilmAt11

Saddle quality is good and it's light, but the shape doesn't fit me as well as my SLR. I ordered it around Chinese New Year, so it took 3 weeks to the USA. Any other time of year should be quicker.

welkman

by welkman

Like what you have done here, I'm really hoping for sub 6.7kg with my build but we will have to see how the budget goes.

veganeric

by veganeric

I missed this one when it was posted. Excellent build! :thumbup:

CaptainP

by CaptainP

Any updated pics? Really keen to buying the same frame and starting a weight weenie budget build.

Anything you would change?

FilmAt11

by FilmAt11

I've updated the build with KCNC C7 brakes. I lost patience with the Alligator mini-iLinks and reverted to Jagwire race cable housings with teflon coated wires. The mini-iLinks were such a pain to re-install. The inner liner just wouldn't go in without kinking. I even reamed out the segments individually. I can't understand how I had the patience to install them initially. First install - OK, after that...no thanks! I had Schmolke TLO Ergo bars on for a while, but just couldn't get used to the ergo bend - so I'm back on Ritchey aluminum. I also removed the Smud bottle cages. In my opinion they don't work. Much too difficult to remove/insert a bottle. The Tacx cages are great. I also went to a less aggressive stem angle. Titanium spindles brought the Speedplays down to 171g. I ditched the Archteks carbon saddle for my Selle Italia SLR (stripped @ 115g). The rear-end flare on the Archteks didn't work for me. With the Schmolke, Smud, and iLinks it was just under 14 lbs (6.34kg), but now it's at 6.48kg (14.29 lbs.).

CaptainP

by CaptainP

Still looks great. Just ordered my frame yesterday! My goal is to reach under 6,5kg.

FilmAt11

by FilmAt11

I've updated the saddle to a Merek NPS (87g sanded). The 140mm width fits me better than the SLR @ 130mm. Thanks to prendrefeu for info on this saddle. The bar tape was changed to squishy PRO silicon-backed EVA foam tape. It's a nice change of grip after using the Velox cloth tape. I switched to a 38T inner ring. The wheels...a Sunday afternoon PM from btompkins0112 led to a deal - FarSport 38CC, red veloplugs, Pro4 Service Course tires, tubes, skewers, valve extenders, and brake pads. One week later I received them and whoa...*PRO* packaging: wheel cozies, paper, cardboard, and the best part, skewers and brake pads taped to the cardboard divider...yee-haw! Big props to btompkins0112! Understandably, that motivated me to clean my cassette and set it up for a picture. Total weight is now 6.27 kg (13.82 lbs).

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Looks great! Had to pack those babies well, it is a long ride from MS to CA! Hope you enjoy them. :cheers:

FilmAt11

by FilmAt11

Frame Pro-Lite Cuneo 52.5cm
Fork Edge 1.0
Headset Ritchey WCS
Expander Tune Gum Gum
Handlebar Ritchey WCS Logic Curve
Bartape EVA Foam
Stem FSA 90mm
Seatpost 3T Dorico LTD 31.6mm
Seatpost collar New Ultimate 34.9mm
Saddle Selle Italia Flite Ti
Brakes SRAM Rival
Shifters SRAM Rival
Brake cables Jagwire
Shift cables Jagwire
Front derailleur SRAM Rival
Chain catcher Token TK375
Rear derailleur SRAM Rival
Crankset SRAM Red
Chainrings SRAM Force 53/39T
Chainring bolts SRAM
Bottom bracket SRAM GXP
Pedals Look Keo2 Max
Chain KMC X10SL
Cassette Shimano Ultegra 12-25T
Lockring Token TK042S
Wheelset FarSports 38mm Carbon Clincher
Skewers Token TK480 Ti
Tires Veloflex Master 23
Tubes Vittoria Ultralite
Bottle cage Tacx

TOTAL 6.78kg

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Still looking good!! Kinda wish I still had the wheels :wink: may look at the wide version soon.

loudtiger

by loudtiger

love the tan veloflex sidewalls

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Quinn039

by Quinn039

Youve tacked some weight back on... but thats the best looking version so far.