2013 Cervelo

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

djconnel

by djconnel

On the best Cervelo design: I like 2012: colored accents without detracting from the primary carbon or from adding a relatively large mass, clearly branded without pummeling you with it. So I view 2012-2013 to be a huge drop-off.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Permon

by Permon

djconnel wrote:On the best Cervelo design: I like 2012: colored accents without detracting from the primary carbon or from adding a relatively large mass, clearly branded without pummeling you with it. So I view 2012-2013 to be a huge drop-off.

Some pics of the 2013 range (picturesd from Eurobike)

http://www.bdc-forum.it/eurobike-2012-cervelo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It does not look that bad! It looked really awfull in the first pics 2 weeks ago.....but this is much better.
Not perfect....but not making me vomiting anymore:-)
Attachments
r.jpg
Last edited by Permon on Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Snicks

by Snicks

IMO it's not the colour scheme that gets me on that S5, its that the geometry looks like when I get on I'll be jumping on a couch.

But I am a man for more traditional lines...

Permon

by Permon

Today I got a confirmation that in Czech republic the price of R3 model 2013 will be approx. 1850,- EUR/ 2300,- USD.
It includes 20% VAT. So, I quess the price in the US will be around 1900 USD.

Cool, I will be having hard times to decide between R3 and new Canyon CF SLX :thumbup:

SSB

by SSB

Hmph... the new S5 looks pretty good in those photos. The new paint somehow makes the frame in larger sizes look less weird. I also like the matte finish (at least it looks like that on the VWD)
Flickr
2012 Cannondale CAAD10

Permon

by Permon

....R3 with Shimano 105, more pics.
http://www.slowtwitch.com/Products/Cerv ... _3055.html

deluxerider

by deluxerider

A bold new approach from Cervelo. Maybe they'll look better in person. I haven't particularly liked the last few years paint scheme though. At least they're making the effort.

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Permon wrote:....R3 with Shimano 105, more pics.
http://www.slowtwitch.com/Products/Cerv ... _3055.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now that looks clean. I like it.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

$2,600US for Shimano 105 level? :roll:

My how prices have gone up throughout the industry. It's disappointing to see this.
If I recall correctly* in a thread discussing industry numbers (probably via Madcow's posting) the industry's sales have increased in number however the number of new riders has not increased substantially to account for that, it is simply a matter of increased profit margins. No?

*and I'm sure some pundit such as HammerTime2 or Stella Azzura will correct me inevitably.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

spatz

by spatz

You don't have to lower prices when you sell out of existing models. R5's were a tougher sell when you basically get the same frame in an R3 at a drastically lower price. Expecting availability to be near zero again in 2013 for the R, P5 models. A lot of competition now in the S series and not having a frame that will accommodate 25c tires and the poor cable routing I'm sure there won't be supply issues. Like the paintjobs, the past few years have been lackluster with the pinstriping. Was hoping for a Ryder H. special edition, matte w high gloss logos everyone is doing. Easy to clean and looks good. Wheres the cross bike however? ...

fio
in the industry

by fio

New Cervelo website design, complete with 2013 paint schemes: http://www.cervelo.com/en/

Permon

by Permon

Hello, does anybody know where to buy BBright cups for Campagnolo ultra torque cranks? Thank You.

mattiTWOROADS

by mattiTWOROADS

The pink detailed r5ca that they had displayed at interbike made me do things I'm not proud of...
TWO ROADS cycling clothiers || tworoadscycling.com
--------------------------------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pages/TWO-ROAD ... 3235790671