powercordz + SRAM rear mech?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

02GF74

by 02GF74

hmmmm, I don't seem to be getting good indexing with a SRAM rear mech and cassette - if I adjust so the small cogs shift nicely, then there is not quite enough cablr for the large cogs; and vice versa.

I have used then on a Shimano rear mech and did not have this issue, but then don't Shimano rear mechs pull less cable?

looks like i will have to refit steel cable and use prowercordz just on the front :(

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thisisnotaspoon

by thisisnotaspoon

Stupid question, but you are using a SRAM shifter aren't you, and it's all setup for the same number of gears? I can't see how a cable could affect indexing unless it's really gritty and siexed up?

Martin.F

by Martin.F

I'm running powercordz on the rear myself. No problems what so ever. Either the adjustments are off or you are not using a Sram shifter.

02GF74

by 02GF74

I replaced the steel cable that was shifting perfectly by the powercordz - system is SRAM X0 shifter and X0 mech. The shifter housing is all new, mini ilink.

I gave up in the end and fitted back the steel cable. :twisted: I have response from powercordz that seem to imply there can be issues with SRAM (I have identical set up on Shimano that works fine).

Kristina

by Kristina

02GF74 wrote:I replaced the steel cable that was shifting perfectly by the powercordz - system is SRAM X0 shifter and X0 mech. The shifter housing is all new, mini ilink.

I gave up in the end and fitted back the steel cable. :twisted: I have response from powercordz that seem to imply there can be issues with SRAM (I have identical set up on Shimano that works fine).

Next time I recommend reading the compatibility page on Powercordz web first (http://www.powercordz.com/compatibility" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) :smartass:
Mini i-Link Beaded Housing
While Power Cordz™ are great with Alligator’s regular i-Link beaded housing, the inner diameter of the mini i-Link is too small to be compatible. Some riders have used Mini i-Link beaded housing without inner liners and found a good fit. However, without an appropriate inner liner, there is a significant risk of friction between the Cordz jacket and rough inner surface of the Mini i-Link housing.

02GF74

by 02GF74

Kristina wrote:Mini i-Link Beaded Housing
While Power Cordz™ are great with Alligator’s regular i-Link beaded housing, the inner diameter of the mini i-Link is too small to be compatible. Some riders have used Mini i-Link beaded housing without inner liners and found a good fit. However, without an appropriate inner liner, there is a significant risk of friction between the Cordz jacket and rough inner surface of the Mini i-Link housing.

Ok, I didn't spot that but it does not apply to me. :noidea:

I am using them with a liner - I have the exact same set up except with XT shifter and XTR rear mech on another bike and no shifting issues.

If I get round to it, I will try to compare the mini i-link liner to shimano shifter cable liner to see if there is a difference.

Not convinced at this moment that it is a liner issue though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com