Lightweight Meilenstein

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CarbonSportsGmbH
in the industry

by CarbonSportsGmbH

HammerTime2 wrote:Is there going to be a Gen. IV GIPFELSTURM? If so, what will be the differences from the Gen. III GIPFELSTURM?

Please be patient for some more days, as we don't want to post all news before Eurobike...

Ulle wrote:"The Meilenstein gets an upgraded brake track using similar tech that the clincher received earlier this year. The carbon layup and resin mix was changed to improved heat tolerance." from the Bike Rumor article....
Can You confirm that?
Will be used the same brake track available as optional/upgrade this year or another technical solution?

MY2013 Meilenstein T is a complete new construction based on the former "Standard" shape. The heat resistance and brake performace will be the same as for Meilenstein C, so will be the shape of the rim (47,5mm).

WeightySteve wrote:Is there a MY2013 Meilenstein (C) on the way too, or is the current Meilenstein (C) ( which is <=> December 2011 onwards Standard III C's ) the latest gen clincher for the forseeable future?
I ask because Bikerumor says MY2013's will support 11s, but no news (that I have seen) about current wheels supporting (or accepting new freehub bodies to accept) CS 9000 cassettes.

All Lightweight rear wheels will be compatible to Shimano 11s. The new production has modified hubs, and there will be new DT freehub bodies (marked as 11s). Four different combinatins wiil be possible:
  • 10s wheel + 10s freehub body => 130mm wide, the well known setting up to now
  • 10s wheel + 11s freehub body => 131mm, wheel is 0,5mm off center to the left, when using 21t or 23t cassettes derailler may contact spokes (only with sprint rear wheel)
  • 11s wheel + 10s freehub body => 131mm, wheel is 0,5mm off center to the right
  • 11s wheel + 11s freehub body => 131mm (spacer needed to use 10s cassettes here, spacer is part of purchased parts package)
Last edited by CarbonSportsGmbH on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andreas Schiwy, CarbonSports GmbH
http://www.lightweight.info
support[at]lightweight.info

cunn1n9

by cunn1n9

Andreas,

does LW have plans for doing a disc brake compatible wheelset?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CarbonSportsGmbH
in the industry

by CarbonSportsGmbH

cunn1n9 wrote:Andreas,

Plans? Yes! :wink:

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

...disc brake compatible wheelset?

:thumbup:

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

CarbonSportsGmbH wrote:10s wheel + 11s freehub body => 131mm, wheel is 0,5mm off center to the left, when using 21t or 23t cassettes derailler may contact spokes (only with sprint rear wheel)
So is there no spoke contact problem for all 10 speed Lightweight wheels other than sprint? What about Ventoux Gen. II or Gen. III with DT 240 or DT 190 plus new (11s) freehub? What are the consequences of being 0,5 mm off center?

CarbonSportsGmbH
in the industry

by CarbonSportsGmbH

HammerTime2 wrote:So is there no spoke contact problem for all 10 speed Lightweight wheels other than sprint? What about Ventoux Gen. II or Gen. III with DT 240 or DT 190 plus new (11s) freehub? What are the consequences of being 0,5 mm off center?

- Ventoux could be critical as well, as they are 24spoked. The "contact area" are the knots where the spokes are bended together...
- 0,5mm off center does not really matter... many wheels come off center and you would never realise during riding. Lots of frames might be off center as well..

cunn1n9

by cunn1n9

CarbonSportsGmbH wrote:
cunn1n9 wrote:Andreas,

Plans? Yes! :wink:

Plans? Yes!
When?

spytech

by spytech

CarbonSportsGmbH wrote:
HammerTime2 wrote:Is there going to be a Gen. IV GIPFELSTURM? If so, what will be the differences from the Gen. III GIPFELSTURM?

Please be patient for some morde days, as we dont't want to post all news before Eurobike...

i am predicting Gen. IV GIPFELSTURM Clincher. it is only logical at this point. that would be an interesting wheel.

Vallinotti

by Vallinotti

Will be modified any design/graffics to 2013 models?

mxdclt

by mxdclt

Did anyone hear if Lightweight made any announcements about a Gipfelsturm Clincher version during Eurobike? Thanks for any updates or info!

tharmor

by tharmor

What was in the box?

CarbonSportsGmbH
in the industry

by CarbonSportsGmbH

tharmor wrote:What was in the box?

Maybe I can disclose the secret... :wink:
Attachments
2012-09-01 Urgestalt.jpg

reggiebaseball

by reggiebaseball

Let me get this right, your new product for 2013 "Urgestalt" is a nerdy looking guy texting in a box?

Boooooooring.

sungod

by sungod

how dare you call Andreas a nerdy looking guy!

:-)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tharmor

by tharmor

CarbonSportsGmbH wrote:
tharmor wrote:What was in the box?

Maybe I can disclose the secret... :wink:

I was completely under the impression that the cover was coming off the box on the last day of Eurobike. What was the point of having it there in the first place?