Tuned Dura-ace 7900 group.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

The cut off bolts worked perfect! Probably didn't save much weight but it looks cleaner.
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Snicks

by Snicks

Brakes next or is that TOO weenie...
(I kid myself, nothing is too weenie right?)

No but seriously, I know the DA brakes will always be chubby chubby but imagine dropping some weight off those and still keeping the braking performance...

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Nothing is to weenie haha but I know someone that machined out some DA brakes and they did get pretty flexy. Im running the AX lightness calipers right now at 107 grams so im ok there! :)
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

lechat

by lechat

I think you could probably remove a chunk of material and still retain their stiffness. You'd have to maintain their outline and not monkey with the pivots. A lot of the KCNC's flex comes from play in the pivots, especially the 1st gen. where you have aluminum on aluminum.

PSM

by PSM

[quote="Frankie - B"]Do we need to ban psm from weight weenies because of his responses. I suggest a couple of hours, purely for not being ww enough. ;)

:lol:

PSM

by PSM

DRILL THE FRAME AS WELL !! :D

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

HAHA THATS NEXT!! .......not

deluxerider

by deluxerider

very cool. it looks very race only.

Valy

by Valy

mad, but i gotta ask - did you make the arm thing on FD shorter with the tuned part? Would not that make shifts require more effort?

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Nope the arm is the same length!

oysters

by oysters

kevosinn wrote:The cut off bolts worked perfect! Probably didn't save much weight but it looks cleaner.

How long were the bolts after you had cut them down? Would these have fit/done the job (the "Titanium Platform Pedal / Socket Set Screws" on the page below). Being allen head grub screws, it wouldn't matter if they didn't protrude from the top of the derailleur so that you can use a screwdriver. Not sure if there would be a much of a weight difference between a cut down Al bolt vs a slightly recessed Ti grub screw, though the latter might be more elegant.

http://www.torontocycles.com/Selling/Titanium.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think they also sell an 11mm long version.

austke

by austke

I love Colnago's and I love Tuning, Both together is TOTALY AWESOME!!!
Top work, I like the bare essentials look that tuning gives, Yes Racy, is what somebody mentioned. I agree. :beerchug:

I am about to attack my brand spankers XTR front mech (which unfortunately weighed exactly the same as my cheapo no name brand front mech, 127gr) and shifters that are for my rather average Triple Tandem. All in the pursuit of weight Weenieness, not looks. 8)

austke
2013 Giant TCR Advanced SL 0, 6.92kg
2013 Giant Defy Composite 2 M, 8.5kg - Wife's
Azzurro Torino 8.55g
Fuji 650 10.8kg
Miele Lupa Triple Tandem 38,89kg

markyboy

by markyboy

Does it effect the function of the rear mech at all with all the changes?
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

kulivontot

by kulivontot

I'm ok with this. I think I draw the line at drilling structural components. IE wheels, seat post, frame, saddle rails... Although I am aware others here have no qualms with this...

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

The front and rear derailleur work EXACTLY the same as stock. You really can't tell a difference. I'm planning on drilling it out more to get it under 140 grams.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com