Scott Addict R1 Build = 5085.95 (Page 3 for New Info!!)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

Here are some shots of the ISP clamp in action, i forgot to weigh it and take the picture so youll have to trust me.

65gm

Had to ram some delrin into the thru rod to prevent colapsing, woorked perfectly!

Here are some of the pedals, weigh about 32gm each, again forgot to take the pics but ill get there eventually...

Milled the axle so i could bore out the allan key inside to drop the axle weight down, the milled the 14mm spanner key onto the outside.

Delrin bushing is simply held on by the bolt internally

Here are some of the tuned sram red i did as well...

Unfortunately the delrin mount bolt (AFC BIKES) snapped and then cracked my chainstay whilst racing in the weekend, the frame is off getting fixed but my confidence in a product like this is gone :(

Mounted, i broke the other delrin limitation screw and have now swapped it for some pretty red aluminium bolts, looks much better.

Here are some of the barrel adjusters i built, delrin in white or black, super light.

the ones on my bike are lighter than this (under 2gms) becasue the addict frame needed the nuts to have a square edge to fit the frame, this also means that they stay in place and you dont need two hands to use them! YAY!

Some shots of the first saddle that i built, its a mould of a Specialized Romin...

5 layers of 3k, nice and stiff. i wont use thisone on my bike because i made an oppsie later on and yeah... ill post photos of the one i have used later on....

Enjoy some of the bits i have built, i have some more projects on the horizon too... :D
I guess there's worse hobbies than making a bike light? Right?

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Unfortunately I do not have a screen big enough to view those photos. :lol:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

hahahahah i dont think anyone does.... ill try a re post...

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

ill try that agin... sorry they were massive photos...

Here are some shots of the aerolite pedals i built...

Here are some barrel adjuster i also built, they weigh less than 2 grams a pair now since i square edged the nut to fit the frame...

Here is my tuned SRAM RED... have since broken the AFC mount bolt pictured and it led to a cracked frame, but it off getting fixed now so no worries....

And finally the saddle i built, but wont use (im not happy with it) ill upload pics of my bettert one later

ENJOY :beerchug:

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

Hey all, so im not new here, i have been around for a wee while with my little Addict. It has been posted before but after i broke the Derailleur mount bolt mid race ( :oops: ), and then waited 5 weeks for it to be fixed :( my pride and joy is back on the road! So i thought i would re post it with it all rebuilt, and with some of my custom built little toys as well. I'm a 17 year old, living in Christchurch, New Zealand, last year at high school, riding at the elite level in the country. Tuning bikes has become an addiction hahahaha. I train and race on the Addict, it rides like a dream! I custom build lots of my parts, the seat clamp integrated into the seat mast for one, i build pedals (Aerolite copies and Speedplay 'Roubaixs') i also build barrel adjusters, headset bearing caps, pulley wheel caps and i'm half way through a crack at some homemade Di2...

The AFC mount bolt i had in the rear derailleur broke mid race and took a gouge out of the chain-stay, so i sent it off to the local composites guy, he repaired it. then i took it home, and 17 hours of paint scraping and sanding later (55gms worth!!! :D) i had a bare frame. One of my good buddies cut me the decals you see here, then it got a splash of clear-coat and my baby was back on the road!

Anyway here is the build list, the bike on its ALLOY WHEELS weighs in at 5082.95gm, although this is when its in super weenie mode. I usually ride it at 5200gm (RED Cassette and different pedals) I'm looking to go under 5000gm on an alloy wheel-set, which shouldn't be to hard. only 80gms to go! And before you ask, i have a job, i pay for all my work and parts, but yes i still live with mum and dad...

PART: WEIGHT: TECHNICAL:

Frame: 820.00gm Scott Addict R1 Frameset, Intergrated Seat Post + Clamp, 52cm.
Fork: 260.00gm Scott Addict R1 700c.
Headset: 53.85gm Ritchey WCS 1-1/8 Non Tapered.
Top Cap: 4.82gm Fibre-Lyte.
Expander Plug: 4.48gm Fibre-Lyte.
Bottom Bracket: 134.56gm KCNC Scandium ISIS.
Cranks: 295.05.gm Stronglight Pulsion 2, 172.5.
Chain Rings: 113.00gm Stronglight, 53 - 39, Teflon Coated.
Pedals: 61.25gm Aerolite (TRC Composites Custom Build).
Front Wheel: 638.23gm American Classic Sprint 350’s, 32 Spoke.
Rear Wheel: 708.96gm American Classic Sprint 350’s, 32 Spoke.
Front Tyre: 179.66gm Veloflex 20c Master, Black.
Rear Tyre: 178.39gm Veloflex 20c Master, Black.
Front Tube: 63.84gm Michelin Latex, 19 - 23c, Un threaded 60mm Valve.
Rear Tube: 64.92gm Michelin Latex, 19 - 23c, Un threaded 60mm Valve.
Front Rim Strip: 4.50gm Veloplugs, Red.
Rear Rimstrip: 4.56gm Veloplugs, Red.
Front Q/R: 21.27gm Torpoedo 7, Titanium Axel, Alloy Nut + Lever.
Rear Q/R: 23.42gm Torpoedo 7, Titanium Axel, Alloy Nut + Lever.
Front Derailleur: 61.34gm Campagnolo Super Record, Titanium, Braze-On, Tuned.
Rear Derailleur: 104.78gm Sram Red, AFC Pulleys, Tuned.
Shifters: 298.00gm Sram Red 2x10 Carbon, Un Tuned.
Chain: 230.00gm Sram Red, 1091-R.
Cassette: 98.75gm Bekon 11 - 23 Ti.
Inner Cables: 38.68gm Shifting = Shimano Steel. Brake = Gore Teflons.
Outer Cables: 47.37gm Alligator I-Link, Black, With Liner.
Front B/C: 82.31gm KCNC CB7.
Rear B/C: 80.65gm KCNC CB7.
Bars: 181..00gm Zipp SL, Ergonomic Bend, 44cm.
Stem: 104.00gm UNO 31.8mm Clamp. Un Tuned
Saddle: 106.39gm Tuned Selle Italia SLR Carbonia.
Bar Tape: 22.00gm Specialized Classic Wrap.
Bar Plugs: 5.92gm Fi;z;ik , Black.

TOTAL: 5082.95gm

Any Question just reply below, anything i have missed that will take me to 5000gm let me know as well, note the photos aren't with the bike in super weenie mode... Sorry!

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

WOW this thing is awesome!!!! I love that your into doing your own work just like me. Ive tuned my dura-ace shifters, and derailleurs and its addicting!
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

tuned shifter? can you please PM me some pics?? thats my next tune!

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Kick arse! So you tuned and made the carbon seatpost clamp yourself for the actual seat mount? Did you do the cutout in the saddle yourself or just tuned a Kit Carbonio flow? I can see myself giving you more stuff to tune bro! :D Heavy seat clamp on my BMC seatpost and my Carbonio says 125gm on the saddle but it weighs 137 as is.

CamW

by CamW

Just for aesthetics you could refinish the Rear D. cage and the shifters. You could also cut a slot in the shifter paddles, have seen it done somewhere. Might try dredge you up some pics.

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

yeah selle italia are dirty liars... it was a carbonia flow that i peeled the leather off and cleaned up... yeah the seat post clamp you see in the photos is hand built be me, i can do clamps that attach to and existing ISP too so you still have adjustment. Although in the one on this bike i can adjust it slightly by inserting my spare cradles for the saddle, i made 5 all slightly different heights so i can swap it quickly and know that stack im putting in, pretty clever on my part really... hahah :D

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

CamW that would be good, i have been doing some contemplation on it, i reckon i can mill out the front face of the brake lever and then shape the shift lever accordingly. The main body on the lever is relitively un-tunable.... The hoods and clamps will be the next thing on my purchase list. reckon i can know out 40gms form the pair...

1spd

by 1spd

Well done! Very impressive that you are already doing this sort of work at your age! That is just awesome!
Cannondale Synapse (alu)...it works

octav

by octav

Nice project and nice bike! :)

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

For now I just razor bladed the paint off of them. Im going to drill the lever out a little bit and use the btp carbon lever clamps. Nothing to crazy but I did do a lot on the derailleurs. How light is that campy record FD your using after you tuned it?
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com