New Concor with cutout

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Henry G

by Henry G

Posted this elsewhere but got no response. Maybe someone here has some experience?

Looking at the new San Marco Concor. It has a bit more wave/dip then Regal-e and a bit more thigh clearance by the looks of the images/specs. Any Regal-e, Alliante users try it? How about the cut out version (Concor racing arrowhead) does the cutout change anything about the shell besides having more clearance for your tender bits? It's narrower -and I think more curved left to right- is it a big difference?

Henry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Omcannondale

by Omcannondale

I know testing Concor fx ( without cutout). I came from Regale and i found Concor better on hills (is narrower) nbut not so comfortable at all. I m gonna test 1 or 2 weeks more and if it doesnt feels better i will return to regale.

HarryS

by HarryS

To me, concors are like ariones...way too thin for the average ass.

In fact, The regale is one of the widest saddles available. I liked mine, but Ive since swapped to the new SLR Superflow 145mm...for no reason at all other than a change. :roll:

Henry G

by Henry G

Omcannondale wrote:I know testing Concor fx ( without cutout). I came from Regale and i found Concor better on hills (is narrower) nbut not so comfortable at all. I m gonna test 1 or 2 weeks more and if it doesnt feels better i will return to regale.

Was it just the width or something more that made the saddle less comfortable?
Henry

cwdzoot
Shop Owner

by cwdzoot

I have been riding the new Concor and it feels great. I prefer it to the original. It has a very pronounced dip for the sit bones and I find I don't slide around on it.
Instagram - stylish square bike pics
Flickr - over 20 million views for good reason
Facebook - friends get the good info & coupons first

Getter

by Getter

I'm using the Concor Sprint. So far its been pretty good. I came from a Specialized Romin and that has a cut out. I can't really tell too much of a difference without the cut out.

howler

by howler

iv no personal experience but there is a short review of new concor here: http://www.cyclingtips.com.au/2012/06/ctech-june-product-picks/

KWalker

by KWalker

I had the Arrowhead version and I'm not sure that the cutout did anything really. I also ride the SLR Flow and not sure the cutout does much there either.

The saddle is pretty narrow effectively- moreso than an Arione due to its domed shape. I compared it right next to my SLR and found it was still narrower than that and that isn't really a wide saddle. Not a bad seat, but I prefer the SLR.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Omcannondale

by Omcannondale

I feel more perineal pressure on Concor vs regale, and thats the reason why i found it less comfortable... but every ass has diferent feelings....

Getter

by Getter

Yes...that was one thing I felt slightly different vs my Romin. I had to tilt it down slightly...after that...it was all good.

dj97223

by dj97223

fwiw, i really liked the regal-e but love the mantra. check it out. nice cutout, basically same width, less thigh rubbing, more comfortable on the sit bones than the toupe. and, most importantly, no numbing effect.
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com