hex and torq T wrenches

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

virenque

by virenque

I have this:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

flameboy

by flameboy

Yes, one of the best if not the best torque wrench. Super quality and a lot of bits.

Guerdi

by Guerdi

Those brands all produce high quality tools - T handle hexes included :

- snap-on (red or blue label), USA
- wiha, Germany
- werra, Germany
- facom, France
- beta, Italy
- pb swiss tools, Switzerland. Those are my favorite ones. Really expensive, but you cannot fault the quality

MajorMantra

by MajorMantra

I have a set of Draper Expert wrenches. Similar quality to Park and under £30 in the UK when I got them.

chazzawoods

by chazzawoods

Uk motor store Halfords sells an 8-60nm torque wrench for about £75.99, but if anyone is interested I can send them 10% off voucher to bring it down slightly. It is about 10" long and not t shaped, but has a great solid feel with no rattle at all.
This torque wrench has a 3/8" drive and would sort out everything except handlebars, which need a 6nm torque. But you can get the ritchey 5nm preset one to sort that out.

topflightpro

by topflightpro

I have some Craftsman wrenches as well as Allen brand allen (hex) wrenches.

They work well for me.

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

effetomariposa is overpriced imo. also sold rebranded as ritchey. at that point, might as well get the topeak digital one instead.

virenque-
that's the torque wrench we use in the shop, except i got the one with a bunch of small bits and one extender/holder. every bench has one. very handy. im in lust over pbswiss tools.

chazzawoods

by chazzawoods

MajorMantra wrote:I have a set of Draper Expert wrenches. Similar quality to Park and under £30 in the UK when I got them.

Draper are also pretty good, you can pick up a decent 10 - 80 nm torque wrench for about 25 quid. But again, for anything at 5nm you would need an extra, ritchey or similar.