DANICA - 5960g / 13.13 lbs Cervelo SLC. New pics on pg 8

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

grid256

by grid256

This is amazing. You've reached another level (or two) with the recent upgrades.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Dear lord that looks amazing. Seems incredibly aero

Juggler

by Juggler

Very slick and stealthy... :)

But isn't the cable work quite a hassle? I have heard some complaints about the internal cable routing...
2012 Canyon Aeroad CF 8.0 Di2
2014 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Di2

BmanX

by BmanX

The only issue with the cabling is when it exits the bottom bracket but there is a trick to this and the fact that I did the behind the stem internal routing myself made it easier than the newer S-series when cabling. Not really any hassles.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

Juggler

by Juggler

It must be the newer version I have heard about... the guy I talked with had big issues with his RD.
2012 Canyon Aeroad CF 8.0 Di2
2014 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Di2

BmanX

by BmanX

very easy to do it on my own but yes I have heard stories of it being difficult. really the hole at the BB is damn small but I sorted it out.
Last edited by BmanX on Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

That seals it. I give up on sub 13lbs. The brakes clean up the frontal area of the bike a ton. It sucks I'll have to buy two. I would rather use my lighter C7 brake, but it just didn't feel right with the two different brakes. The modulation feel of the two, were way different. I don't think the aero of the rear is even that big of a factor, but having similar modulation fr and rr is. My does that ever look fast as hell. With my Zipp bars it will be even more awesome. You need to buy a set you know.,,,,

BmanX

by BmanX

I have almost bought them 3 times now but cannot pull the pin because I want to be able to use clip ons when I do some longer rides and if I race again. That is the only thing stopping me. Rob and I have talked about a custom stem with internal run cabling for the Omega which would clean up the front end even more. One day I will just say hell with it and buy something aero for the bars but I still think someone could design something better and more integrated then 3T's attemp. Not very aero in my opinion.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

I'm not going to tell you how to live your life, but this is what needs to happen here. I need your brakes, you need my bars, and then we both need to build TT rigs. You know I am right. :wink:

BmanX

by BmanX

I have a build on the trainer totally done up as a tt build but using an older TCR frame. I can get in a great position on this bike and it has an Omega on the front with an EE on the back so I technically have a TT bike to ride BUT it will never be as aero as the SLC.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:I have a build on the trainer totally done up as a tt build but using an older TCR frame. I can get in a great position on this bike and it has an Omega on the front with an EE on the back so I technically have a TT bike to ride BUT it will never be as aero as the SLC.

I've been thinking long and hard about building one. Since taking to running, I know what that can lead to next. I've really just always wanted one anyway. I am thinking Speed Concept or some sort of P series.

BmanX

by BmanX

P series and just do what I did tot he SLC. Only difference I would suggest is getting a Devox for the front end and running Sram shifter and levers.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

BmanX

by BmanX

Well it seems like someone has been listening to what I am saying but it looks like it is going to cost me north of $1000 to own them.

BIG DADDY B FLOW

Cheers!

by Cheers!

Could you post some pics on how you exited the shifter cables out of the bottom bracket?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BmanX

by BmanX

They exit the standard way through the hole under the BB.
BIG DADDY B FLOW