Tuned Dura-ace 7900 group.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Thanks! I want the btp clamps but can't find them in the us....
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

artray

by artray

Try here . I had to import mine .Dont cost much ,
http://www.dulight.fr/product_info.php? ... ts_id=1187" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://apollocomponents.com/ww2/cat/lis ... =BTP_Parts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://npbikeshop.com/product/btp-bike- ... -11149.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.b-t-p.de/B-T-P_Team/products ... ifting.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Thanks I'll check it out
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

8)
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

I will post more pics of the other side when paint is dry

oysters

by oysters

I love the look of this drillium. Might have to start looking out for some 7900 parts on the bay once people start swapping to 9000...

:D

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

do it!!

jooo

by jooo

I know this is weight weenies and all but aren't the DA lever clamps already Ti and not much heavier than the BTP version? Not the same issue with moisture/corrosion and quite a bit lighter than steel SRAM and Campagnolo? Or do I have my groupsets mixed up?

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

I swear that some of them come with TI clams and some don't! its really weird...but this pair doesn't!

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

So the FD is done. It didnt really save as much as I had hoped but over all its a pretty damn light FD so its not to bad. It currently sits at 60 grams. I just replaced both bolts with TI but alum. should save a little more. im hoping so take another gram off it to get it to 59g.
Dont know if you can see to well but I removed a bunch of un needed material from where the set screws go in. Its basicly a huge box that covers the screws up for no reason. The Last step im going to do is to cut the heads of the set screws and slot them for just a flat head screw driver. There is no need for them to be that long. ill post more pics of that when im done.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Do we need to ban psm from weight weenies because of his responses. I suggest a couple of hours, purely for not being ww enough. ;)

Please attack that shimano stuff with a dremel!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

roca rule

by roca rule

i say you should frankie. we don't like their heretic kind here.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Haha! I'm trying to remove weight but not function! I will say that there is absolutely no noticeable drop in performance on the front derailleur.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

oysters

by oysters

kevosinn wrote:Dont know if you can see to well but I removed a bunch of un needed material from where the set screws go in. Its basicly a huge box that covers the screws up for no reason. The Last step im going to do is to cut the heads of the set screws and slot them for just a flat head screw driver. There is no need for them to be that long. ill post more pics of that when im done.

More pics would be great, especially if you have original shots to compare with? I really like what you are doing though. The cut down heads sounds like a good idea too, esp in Al.

How much of the overall weight loss would you put down as the dremel?

:D