On the road today...

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Routier

by Routier

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djm

by djm

tinchy wrote:not so warm in norway in august?

Showers and 14°C this morning.. we were all in long/long and kept it like that even though the temperature occasionally reached about 18 and the sun even came out... But yes, it could've been a warmer August!

hna

by hna

It was 6 degrees and raining when I rode my recovery session yesterday. That sucks even for Norwegian weather.

diegogarcia

by diegogarcia

On the road.

Did 117.5 miles yesterday, Bristol to London. Clocked over the finish line in 6 hours 5 mins, hit the 100 mile mark in 5 hours on the nose. Lost time in the last hour due to London being busy with stops and starts but rode strong yesterday. Averaged 20 mph all they way and did some long stretches on the road solo holding 25-30 mph with a couple of big climbs bringing the aggregate down. Nice day on the bike though. Definitely my kind of riding.

Routier

by Routier

tinchy

by tinchy

makoy

by makoy

yesterday, 60km itt workout...

today, recovery ride...

at our stomping ground in subic bay, philippines

flying

by flying

Just would like to say,
In all the years this Topic has always been my favorite.
So great to see all the different spots, riders, bikes.

GASer

by GASer

The last MTB rides in south Heraklion and north Chania, isle of Crete, before going back to business. Had great time with great friends. In total hit the road 13 times and 4 times on dirt, climbed 15.2 km, run 795 km, burned 34.500 cals following 42 hours of cycling. Want to know the outcome? Got back 1.5 kg heavier being fed by my mother in law amazing cooking!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Trek SpeedConcept 9.9 Project One, Basso Diamante SV, DeRosa SK (sold), Orbea Orca Gold 6430gr, Orbea Aqua, Tommasini Tecno, FM-066SL 6480gr, Kinesis RaceLight T2, Trek Superfly 100, Orbea Alma 29, Specialized Enduro S-Works 29, KTM EXC-250

GASer

by GASer

HammerTime2 wrote:What/where is that observatory, and at what altitude? How big a telescope?

Its located on Skinakas peak, mount Psiloritis at prefecture of Heraklion, in Crete.

Got to find this web site here: http://www.forth.gr/index_main.php?c=4&l=e&s=&p=1&y=

The one shown in the pic is an old one, being replaced by one few meters out of the picture.

Trek SpeedConcept 9.9 Project One, Basso Diamante SV, DeRosa SK (sold), Orbea Orca Gold 6430gr, Orbea Aqua, Tommasini Tecno, FM-066SL 6480gr, Kinesis RaceLight T2, Trek Superfly 100, Orbea Alma 29, Specialized Enduro S-Works 29, KTM EXC-250

Leviathan

by Leviathan

tinchy wrote:Image

bang bang bang. lunch.

tinchy

by tinchy

Ha a riding mate from uni has a pannier rack on his winter bike and has been known to pick up road kill pheasants for the evenings dinner. These critters were everywhere... really dont see the attraction of pheasant shooting - I mean what skill is involved in shooting a plumped up bird that struggles to fly at any speed and can only do so in a straight line? :noidea:

uraqt

by uraqt

I agree Flying, This thread is very very good!!! I am spending more and more time in the Cycle Chat forum!! : ) : )

Thank you everyone for the great pix!!!

C

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mikeno

by Mikeno

Nice day in the North East. :D