Eurobike 2012

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

743power
Shop Wrench

by 743power

conti force/attack tubs should be popular with a lot of people and the way lighter clinchers look interesting. xking cx tubs will be a good cross option too.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Given how tied up they would have been with getting EPS to the market, it's too much to expect for Campag to have their new disk ready isn't it?

Don't want to push the poor lads too much :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

743power wrote:Pretty firm rumors: Rotor powercrank, new zipp models; probably disc brake and maybe an updated 202 (theyre a little heavy by todays standards), sram red hydraulic.

What I'd like to see:

2013 force. For all the fanfare of the new red, force would benefit from every improvement just the same. Would be nice to see, but sram is big on sea otter or that time for road releases.

New garmin headunit. Nothing majorly wrong with the 500/800 but there is always room for improvement.

New saddle shape from fizik. Something closer to a scratch. Shapely, but longer then the aliante.

Interested in this new possible fizik shape. Shapely as in more of a rounded profile? So sort of like an Arione and Aliante cross if that makes sense? The length of the Arione but the more "saddle shaped/traditional" rounded off look of the Aliante?
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

743power
Shop Wrench

by 743power

Hey Solid, that second part of my post was a wish list of sorts. Things that I would like to see, but have no info on them coming out. The first few things I listed were things that were known to be coming out.

I would love to see a saddle like you describe from fizik, but they arent likely to come out with that. Something in the vein of a scratch or romin with the fizik build quality would be so nice.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

743power
Shop Wrench

by 743power

updated (not new) force: http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/sram-f ... nge/013558

firmly making force the best bang for the buck there is

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Interesting in seeing pictures of Simplon's new range:

NEXIO "aero" bike
and the new Pavo3 Ultra (740g frame, 295g fork)
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

prendrefeu wrote:Toujours les vélos de TT sont tout le début regarder essentiellement la même chose. :?

(edit, sorry, English: All the TT bikes are beginning to look the same)

I don't see what you're talking about; I think that Orbea DA/P3 looks great!

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Orbea/Cervelo/Felt/whatever DA/P3/DA1/etc:.

Funnily enough, as all of these brands sort of meld their 'aero TT' designs into the same shapes, the Open Mould TT frames will become more and more comparable for aero development and technology as it will be easier to mimic. Let the savings begin! I may actually get a TT frame in the next year just for s&g's it'll be that laughable.

Hong-Fu says "Hey guise, what's up? You makin' Time Trial frames? Nice. I made one too, with a fairing for the rear brake below the bottom bracket, front brake behind fork. UCI comply, ok?"

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I'm not sure if my sarcasm was detected :(

(I was suggesting that was an Orbea P3... er DA1... er *insert any other 2012 TT frame that's not a BMC*)

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

It was detected, which is why I agreed that the Orbea P3 is looking good.

I want to see Hong-Fu's bike in a wind-tunnel test along with the other big brand names. Will that happen? No, never: HongFu doesn't pay adverts for the cycling magazines.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Oh... well then... iPhail. -_-

After an article I read yesterday (the Mavic wheel shootout and "what is aero" follow-up, posted somewhere around here) I'm much less intrigued/concerned about the aerodynamics of a frame at all. There was discussion at the end of the article that an independent team spent time (and their own money) at the MIT wind tunnel and with a rider onboard in a TT position, the difference between an uber-aero TT frame and an oval tube Ti frame was zilch.

/threadjack

Juggler

by Juggler

2012 Canyon Aeroad CF 8.0 Di2
2014 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Di2

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

MIT's wind tunnel has significant problems when testing with people on board. I wouldn't use that as the end all be all. I'm sure a P5 is significantly faster than a biconvex shaped Ti bike

Imaking20 wrote:Oh... well then... iPhail. -_-

After an article I read yesterday (the Mavic wheel shootout and "what is aero" follow-up, posted somewhere around here) I'm much less intrigued/concerned about the aerodynamics of a frame at all. There was discussion at the end of the article that an independent team spent time (and their own money) at the MIT wind tunnel and with a rider onboard in a TT position, the difference between an uber-aero TT frame and an oval tube Ti frame was zilch.

/threadjack

Imaking20

by Imaking20

That's convenient :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

I am going this Saturday will post some pics :)
Hucken The Fard Up !
Colnagos : C50 ST01 - Master 30th AD10 - C40 Mapei WC